• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. About fresh air induction

In my quest for mileage For daily use I have decided to re-install the factory air cleaner arrangement with the flapper doors for induction. It's the one thing I have thought about but have left out of the conversation over tuning and "durasparking". I know the "wide-open" look of the chrome...
  2. Now it's all about the tuning...

It's been a while since i had updated some progress on my new/old carb/duraspark situation.. After getting it running satisfactorily i got busy rebuilding the "CV"drive-line, the total brake system, and adding a complete new exhaust and since it's been kind brisk outside..I took a little time...
  3. I had to have it towed..

Well it's pretty embarrasing..I'm "supposed 2 know" how to keep one of these running..but as it happenned my 2.9L was "kinda hickup'ing once in a while..kinda jerking under power..not much..just once in a while) and i passed it off as one of the those things I better look at some time ..kind...
  4. It Alive..A successfull "Duraspark conversion"

It's Alive..A successfull "Duraspark conversion" I know many have done this but since i have posted some about this new-2 me 84" B2 I thought i would give an update even a visual one that maybe a new user could benefit from as well. I decide to put the "module" on the passenger side, and retain...
  5. "duraspark" dist for a 2.9L

A fellow b2 fan ad I were discussing the possibiity of making a usable 'duraspark diz 2day. W/O going into the reasons for "why"....since personal choice is generally very subjective and "non-argueable"..I though to ask for any to come forward with any first hand experiences in machining what...
  6. About economy

I found a post today that discusses jet sizes for older carbed 2100 ultra small early v8's...and found a source for even smaller jets than 46's....evidentley some engines at altitude actually used 38's-44's....it seems that very early carbs prior to 63 used similar jets threads to Holly so if ur...
  7. A different approach..Duraspark/TFI/HEI

I'm finally getting ready to clean up the engine compartment on this 84 2.8L and have decided to remove the Stock Dizz now. One of the reasons i was putting it off was to make a decision about what coil, "spark box", and locations of all of it along with wiring harness etc. I have been aware...
  8. Has anyone tried to..

Make a 2.8L run by just swapping out the 2150A for a non-feedback variant (2100, 2150)? I couldn't really find any info on that. I just bought this 84 that has a 2.8L basically stock, and before i completely "duraspark it", ( I may just put a 4banger in it i have already)..and buy the dizzy, i...
  9. !st gen Compartment locks

I posted this in the B2 forum..but it maybe should've gone here for response..if the mod needs to delete my other one please do... "Hi there it seems like the B2's have generally 3 small storage compartments in the passenger area walls. Evidently these small compartments "lock" using the door...
  10. passenger storage compartment locks..

Hi there it seems like the B2's have generally 3 small storage compartments in the passenger area walls. Evidently these small compartments "lock" using the door key. If you have a console, it seems to use the same key to lock as well. My question is "how to remove the lock cylinder" which...
  11. Another reason to like the 1st gen..

Bronco II's or Rangers..... NO CLOCK SPRING.... I found this out dis-asembling my spare steering column...it happens to be tilt/cruise..from an "88".. old school..low-tech..I like it I guess I'm curious when they started using clock springs in RBV's I only have 1st gen experience.. I...
  12. a blend of 94 block and 88 harness

This thread will ask the following question..has anyone ever blended an 88 2.3 efi harness with a 94 block (capable of utilizing the crank sensor instead of a dizzy)..? I CAN use a dizzy and TFI of course..but i may want to utilize the crank sensor and coil pack and marry it to the 88 harness...
  13. M50d-1 VS: 88TC T-5

Hello there...I am working on a BII 2.3L powered and i have ran across an 88TC T-5 complete with hyd bell. I am wondering the general consensous on the strength of it against the usual m50. It seems from I read the T-5 if is the right one can be pretty tuff, and I DO like the external slave...
  14. About an early Turbo head..

Good evening all..I'm kinda slowly gaining traction to put together a TC motor for my BII and in my travels i have picked up a non-cracked D9EE-JC stamped head. It seems to have the oval ports on the ends and large rounder ones in the middle..I also have a later d-port head...according to my...
  15. Has anyone ever ....

Has anyone ever ....(ran a carb setup on..) ran a carb setup on a Ranger or B2 86 or newer utilizing the in-tank electric fuel pump for a fuel supply? I am building a 2.3L powered "87" B2 and may want to utilize a carbed version for starters and if it works..maybe keep it that way..I know i...
  16. about cyl head studs..

This may seem a strange question to some..but I can't find online any reference to how much room there may be in a first Gen ranger/B2 at the cowling for the use of cylinder head studs VS bolts...In other words anyone with first hand experience with changing heads "in-frame"...using studs?..I am...
  17. Running 31x10.5's on Dana 28

hi there..I was wondering just how many guys run 31" and bigger even on a Dana 28 front? I have decided to do the larger tires mainly for looks and also some mild wondering in the woods...( really just washed-out adventure trails that happened to stop most of the locals here while...
  18. M50 2wd to 4wd

I thought i read once that an 88 E87A (m50?) 2 wd trans can be converted to a 4wd trans by changing the rear housing?...and possibly tailshaft?...i have bought a spare trans...(2wd) and though i might take the time to do that while rebuilding....thanks for input... (this is a 4cyl version trans)
  19. some help in identifying of parts..

identifying of parts..(found what was needed) thanks....
  20. About manual brakes vs pwr

I am doing a little research on using a manual brake setup on my B2... I have a small vacuum leak in the pwr brake booster...and i may want to install a manual brake master cylinder in the process of fixing the leak. Has anyone seen or worked on a manual brake system form a RBV?... I really...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad