• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bearing noise in tranny

when my tranny is cold, it sometimes makes a squealing noise, when the clutch is first engaging from a stand still. it's not very often, just when cold and it typically goes away. how bad is this?
  2. best healights?

What are the best bang for your buck, best lighting bulbs that you've ever used? The best ones I've ever had were some by the name of Luk. Haven't seen 'em since though. Anyone know anything about the Silverstars?
  3. clutch going out

Well I guess my clutch is going out. While helping a friend move, and it didn't even want to get the front wheels over the curb(i was backing a trailer into her garage)with the clutch pedal all the way out. It was actually slipping pretty good just to get into the driveway. I went to the...
  4. Hiccup?!?

I was driving down the road the other day, not towing, not going fast at all(35ish) and my truck seemed to misfire or stumble, I use the term loosely, but the rpms dropped for a second and then came right back to normal and I continued on my way. Then a bit later, the truck acted like someone...
  5. brakes?

I'm planning on doing the brakes in the rear of my truck. The shoes are thin, and they are dragging badly. I've replaced shoes before(different ranger), but never replaced the cylinder back there. I'm doing this at the advice of a ford garage tech. My question is:do I need flare wrenches, I know...
  6. I've got a project(maybe)

Is it possible/what would be needed for a gasoline to diesel swap. I'm thinking it'd be a project for school but before I tell anyone at school I might do this, I'd rather get some feedback from you guys first. I know the compression would have to be higher, and the glowplug, but what else?:D
  7. 2 questions for anyone/everyone

I was thinking of going up in tire size, but no sure if I will hurt anything. Currently I have 245/75-16s, thinking of going up to 265/75 or 265/70 How much bigger is a 245 vs 265 vs 285? Could I even run a 285 on a stock truck? Also, RPM vs hp/torque curve. I was brought up thinking that lower...
  8. Differential Questions

How would I go about rebuilding the limited slip in my truck? It's got 60k on it, and there doesn't seem to be any limiting going on. Is it something a dealer should do? Also, I was thinking about putting an automatic locker in the back(True-Trac, No-Slip), and putting the factory LS in the...
  9. fuel mileage

I was wondering what people get for mileage? I always always get 18 mpg. Highway, city, topper/no topper, exhaust/stock, drive hard/easy. Are my tires too small so that they remove other factors and make engine speed the only thing that dictates mileage? Had a 98, 31x10.50s, got 20-23 mpg. I try...
  10. OHV vs SOHC?

So I used to have a 98 with the 4.0, now I have an 03 with the overhead cams. It seems like the old one had more torque than the new one, at least right off the line. I also got 20-23 mpg out of the old one, now I get nothing but 18 mpg. ?? I put an exhaust and throttle body spacer on(looking...
  11. New Member

This is by far the best site as trucks go, at least that I have found. So about me, have had way too many cars in my life(I'm only 25), all Japenese until I bought my first Ranger, which I fell in love with. A '98 XLT Supercab, 4.0 stick, 4WD. A used and abused work truck. Put in a Detroit...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad