• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87 ranger died while driving

Just as the title states, driving my 87 2.9l V6 ranger and it just died. It spins but just wont fire. It didn't act like it was out of gas, it just died. Here is what has been done so far: I toed it to a relatives house close by, it was too dark to get it home. I checked to make sure it was...
  2. what is this?

Same problem as before, It's got gas in it, but it's not pumping all the time. I'm not getting gas up to the second pump, I removed the line and tried. I can hear the pump in the tank, so I'm thinking it's ok. The fuel filter comes after the second pump, so what is this, another filter?
  3. Ran out of gas, now won't start

This isn't the first time this has happened. It runs out of gas but won't start back up after putting gas in it. Last year when I got it up and running, the first thing I changed was the fuel filter, dropped the tank, cleaned out completely, I had to install a new float system so I bought a...
  4. Won't shift out of park

'87 Bronco 2, V6 auto, shifter on the floor. Went to leave this morning and the shifter would not budge out of park. Button seems to be pressing correctly. I shut it off and tried again. nothing. I didn't have times to go into troubleshooting at that time so I drove the ranger. Anyone ever...
  5. Wheel Spacers

Anyone using them? I'm running the stock rims and tires from my 88 ranger on my 87 bronco II and they rub inside. So, I was gonna get a set of spacers to solve this. I don't know what size I need or how "thick" they should be. Any feedback on spacers would help....:beer:
  6. rear hatch latch

The latch on the rear hatch door has come loose on my Bronco II. All it does is spin around. I removed plastic from the inside to gain access. How do I remove this and where can I get parts to replace or fix it?
  7. Dimmer switch......again.

Dimmer switch went out......again. When it did it the first time, I swapped it with one from my '88 ranger. It's just sitting as of right now so no big there. now, it's gone out again. I'm looking at getting another one, I'm not swapping it out of my other ranger, that would be three, but where...
  8. 87 Ranger 2.9l engine rattle

Just as the topic states, valves or lifters sound like they are starving for oil. This one actually has an oil pressure gauge on it, or should I say it's the standard oil pressure gauge that they come with, and it reads normal. So, do I need to maybe think about another gauge, maybe the oil...
  9. Doors.

Doors on the Rangers and Bronco 2s. I have two rangers and one bronco. On all three vehicle, the doors rattle while driving, like the doors are not shut properly. I can open and slam them shut but it still does the same thing. It seems to be a common problem, what causes it and what can I do to...
  10. 1996 Ford Explorer questions

My brother recently purchased a 1996 Ford Explorer that has a couple of issues. 1 - It has a sun roof that leaks. Is this a common issue that can be corrected? Is there a break down of how to disassemble it someone can post or give a link online, such as pics or details? 2 - Check engine...
  11. fuel tank size?

I just changed the fuel sending unit in my B2, all is well. What size tanks are generally on these things? I was thinking 23 gallon, someone told me 17 or 18 gallon. Anyway, I put in about 17 gallons and it took it a little over halfway on the gauge, and it was slow responding. Made me scared...
  12. Car Alarms

I'm needing to get a car alarm, not wanting to spend a ton of money on it. All I need is something that will sound an alarm if someone breaks into the vehicle when the alarm is on. I don't care about automatic starting the car with remote, locking the windows or doors, if the car is actually...
  13. Fuel Gauge info

1987 B2 2.9L Thought I had this thing beat, but I'm still having issues with my fuel gauge. It registers very little, meaning, if I put in what I think is half a tank, it moves up very little from "E". I'm pretty sure its the sending unit/pump/float unit or whatever it's called that's in...
  14. A/C and R-12 substitutes?

'87 Bronco II, 2.9L.... The A/C seems to work, blows out cool air, not cold. compressor kicks on and off. What do I need to check to see if it's low and has anyone had any success with R-12 substitutes?
  15. B2 exhaust manifold

got new pipes and muffler put on the B2 today (it didn't have any when I got it, we tacked something on while restoring). guy told me after he installed everything that it had a leak at the manifold on the passenger side. I couldn't tell before with what we had but now I can tell it. What should...
  16. paint restoration

B2s is the original red, but it's faded dull. It's been sitting up for some time. What's good to use to get some shine back? I'm thinking about getting a buffer.... This is a two part question though. I've got a 2001 Jeep, great condition, black. shiny paint job. One night some dogs...
  17. B2 steering

Driving the Frankenstein B2 around for a few days, still got a lot of work to do, but one thing I noticed is the steering. Slightest turn on the steering wheel will turn the bronco. It's not a big thing, just not what I'm use to. going down the road at 45 to 55 it will swerve, just a little, in...
  18. Instrument Voltage Regulator

what are the symptoms of this going bad? what all gauges/lights does this control and is there an easy way to determine if it is bad? I've got a temp gauge that died, and a fuel gauge not working correctly. both could be separate problems, or not......
  19. Bronco II, bringing it back to life.

I've got a 1987 Bronco II 2.9L EFI 4X4 that I'm trying to get running. The body is in great shape, but it's been road rough and put in the away in the pasture (almost literally). Anyway, I acquired the thing for free since I have a 88 Ranger that some parts can be swapped with. Well, I figured...
  20. Hello!

New Member. Owner of 1988 Ranger 4X4 2.9L, Bronco II 2.9L. Looking to get the Bronco going, needing some tips, help, advice, whatever anyone want to offer. Hope this is the place, looks good so far!:beer:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad