• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Acceptable ring gear pattern?

Hi guys, I'm setting up gears in my Dana 44 and need a little guidance. I tried adding and subtracting pinion shim while keeping my backlash within the 0.006-0.008" range and so far this seems to be my best pattern. Is it ok that the pattern is high on the coast side? Thanks!
  2. Fox 2.0 air shocks?

Hey guys, Im doing a dana 44 SAS on my ranger and I'm wondering if fox air shocks might be a good option for me? I like the idea of having adjustable ride hieght/spring rate and adjustable dampening. This is a street driven truck im also using for off roading, will the fox air shocks have any...
  3. Gear swap for towing

Hi guys, I want to tow a 5000 lb trailer with my ranger. I have a 1996 STX short cab, 4.0, manuel trans & 3.27 gears. I know I wont be able to tow 5000 lbs with that gear ratio but the question is if I decide to do a gear swap should I go with 3.73s or 4.10s? Right now I have 31s on the...
  4. Finally joined. Anyone else from CT want to go wheelin?

I've been using the forum since I got my Ranger 8 months ago and just realized today im not even a member. You guys have been a great wealth of info to me and I hope I can give some help back soon. If anyone from CT would like to go wheelin pm me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad