• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Reintro to the forum

Hello everyone, I have been lurking lately and thought I would reintroduce myself. My name is Eric and I am located out here in SW oregon. I just bought another ranger for 150 bucks. One that has been on my desired list. 4 cyl 4x4. 1988 std cab long bed with manual T-case and hubs. Had to...
  2. 92 Explorer codes.

So, I will start off with a little backstory on this 92 Explorer. Had cracked head and replaced both. everything ran good. Started getting some issues with the way it ran. Ended up buying a code reader and getting codes for TPS, MAF, o2 etc in the continuous memory. I cleared the memory...
  3. Do I have a bum ECU? *PICS*

ok, Vehicle in question is 1992 Ford Explorer 5 speed 4x4. 31x10.5x15 tire with 3.73 gears Symptoms are backfire at low load/idle, seems almost like a skip and/or miss when cruising, Sluggish power, poor fuel economy (10-11 mpg) noxious excess fueley smell from exhaust. Cannot connect...
  4. 92 Explorer 4.0 issues

So, now that I have had things up and running. Been trying to track down this miss I have. I have limited time to work on it which makes it frustrating. Seems really doggy, poor fuel milage (11 mpg on two tank refills) sporadic backfire when idling at a light. Occasionally after running...
  5. 92 Explorer under geards or under powered?

So after getting my 92 Explorer 4x4 up and running. It seems a bit underpowered to me. It has a 5 speed with 3.73 gears running 31x10.50x15 tires On the freeway in 5th gear i can maintain speed but any slight rise i must downshift. I am trying to figure out if its just undergeared...
  6. Too Much Grease in Auto Hubs?

So from what I understand with auto hubs is too much grease can cause failure to engage or possible breakage? Popped my front hubs off and wanted to get your thoughts if there was too much grease in them or not? If so whats the best way to clean em out...
  7. Trans mount to trans bolts

So I discovered on my 92 Explorer I am missing the bolts from the trans cross member to the transmission itself. Does anyone know what size those bolts are so I can get replacements? Its a 5 speed if that makes a difference.
  8. Couple General questions 92 Explorer

Over the next week or so I will be replacing the clutch in my 92 Explorer. I just purchased the vehicle as a police impound. it is missing the front driveshaft and i know 4x4 light does not come on when I push the button. This being said, I am wanting to do some checks of the 4x4 system. I...
  9. Re-Introduction of old member

Hello All, It has been a while since I have been here and owned a RBV. I have just purchased a 92 Explorer EB. Will need a bit of work but it is my first 4x4. It does have the 5 speed, but it is a push button 4x4 and auto hubs. My name is Eric and I live in Roseburg, Oregon.
  10. 1992-2011 FOMOCO Trans Ratios

I found this while hunting info on M5od-R2 and figured the fine folks here at TRS may appreciate this http://www.vibratesoftware.com/html_help/2011/Ford/Ford_Transmissions_Main.htm
  11. quick trans questions

So I have been tinkering around trying to do some research for an impending project. I am trying to figure out if the M5od R2 trans is the same length as the R1 that is currently in my 88 ext cab ranger? which I believe is 29.25" from what I have found. And also is the output shaft the same...
  12. Wire ID's please

I got a few pictures of some wires I need ID'in and knowing where they go. The harness is from 90 ford ranger headlight harness and I intend on repinning my 88 headlight connector using the wires from the 90 harness. I set up a photobucket acct to display pictures...
  13. Headlight Electrical Questions

I am doing a Gen 1 to Gen 2 front clip swap. I Have wiring diagrams for my 88 Ext cab ranger and wiring diagrams for 89 and 90 rangers pertaining to headlight/turn/park lights. I know in 89 they started using a power distribution box. My question is if i repin the headlight harness on the 88...
  14. Headlight Harness 1st and 2nd Gen

I noticed I can buy the heavy duty harness that plugs in place of the OEM set up. This tells me that the OEM harness is unpluggable as a unit (headlights, running lights, signals etc) Where would I find this plug so I can get a new harness to upgrade my front clip from 88 to 89-92?
  15. 88 Ranger Ext Cab

Well I have recently gotten my 2wd v6 Ranger on the road again. Here is how it looks right now http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3994827/1988-ford-ranger-super-cab I am leaning towards a prerunner style build. Got a new bumper being made and should be ready for install this week. and this...
  16. Fuel Tank Sending Units

I had thoughts going through my head. I recall that some of the first gens had mechanical fuel pumps and some are electric dual pumps. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get the sending unit/pick up for the earlier set ups? Also since they did not make extended cab rangers prior to 86...
  17. Fuel Issues

Well I have been trying to figure this out for a couple days. its an 88 ford ranger extended cab with 2.9/5speed. I am not getting any fuel pressure to the rail. I have located what I believe is the fuel pump relay on passenger fender well (black/green skirted relay) behind the starter...
  18. Brake Light Issue

Ok I was testing my trailer wiring on my 88 ext cab ranger and noticed that when I use the left turn signal... the right one flashes (not as bright) in a wig-wag fashion. Same when i turn the right signal on. I think this would be a bad ground? does anyone know where the grounds are for...
  19. 1 Peice D/S swap 2wd ???

Ok, I figured this would be the place to ask since u-joints would be mentioned. Ive got an 88 supercab with M5OD and 7.5" rear end. I found a 98+ one peice Driveshaft to pick up. I have looked at the tech article http://therangerstation.com/Magazine/June04/offroad.htm and see it is written...
  20. Hood Differences?

I am curious what exactly are the differences between 83-88 and 89-92 hoods. I am looking at replacing my front clip and trying to get the parts list together and i think I have it all sorted besides the hood. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad