• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Weird electrical issue

I've got a 1983 ranger project truck that I've really gotten my money out of as far as project trucks go. I charged the battery about a week ago, cleaned the terminals and tightened up the battery cables, and haven't had any issues until just now. Before I charged the battery and tightened...
  2. TK4 swap

My old TK5 shifter has worn out and I'm replacing it with a TK4. Only problem is, I can't get the truck to go into reverse. I heard there was a spring that needs to be shortened? Any help will be much appreciated.
  3. TK4 Shifter reverse issue

My old TK5 shifter has worn out and I'm replacing it with a TK4. Only problem is, I can't get the truck to go into reverse. I heard there was a spring that needs to be shortened? Any help will be much appreciated.
  4. Duraspark Carb

I'm thinking about grabbing this carb for a duraspark conversion: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCRAFT-2150-CARBURETOR-VENTURI-1-23-/330907237293?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4d0b9bbbad Is that the right model and everything? I noticed it's missing some parts for the...
  5. Cost of Duraspark Conversion

My old 83 ranger won't start. I wasn't getting spark at the cylinders and before I had the mechanics take the truck. I've started pilot training and don't really have the time to tinker with it anymore, so I had the mechanic here take a look at it. After a couple of weeks in the shop, they...
  6. After Head Gasket Replacement won't Start

I replaced the head gasket on my ranger yesterday and got it all back together today (as best as I can tell) but now it won't start. I can get it to turn over, but no ignition. I don't think I'm getting spark, but I'm not positive. I took a spark plug wire off and put it on another spark plug...
  7. Head Gasket done! Now putting it back...

Hi all. So I finally took the time today to change out the head gasket on my ranger! :headbang: The only problem I've got is that I can't remember which vacuum tubes go where on the back of the carb. I know one is for the pcv, and I think the other gets blocked up, but I'm not sure. I've got...
  8. head removal

Nevermind... problem answered. Mods, please delete thread.
  9. Head Gasket doesn't look right

I just wanted to confirm that I'm not crazy. I've never done anything with heads or head gaskets before, but I've got my intake manifold off because I thought there was a leaking intake manifold gasket and then I look back to the back of the head where it meets up with the intake manifold and...
  10. How the heck to I get these off!

I'm trying to get at the choke components of my 2150 carb... but these aren't the flat head screws I was expecting to see!
  11. Best Way to clean Carbon Build-up

I'm putting a new intake manifold on my 2.8l ranger, but the replacement part is completely clogged with carbon. I'm just wondering what the best way to get it clean is going to be, since it's in a place where I can't immediately get to it all.
  12. How the heck do I get this distributor off!

I'm trying to change out the intake manifold on my 1983 2.8L ranger and I can't figure out how to get the damn distributor off. There's got to be a bolt or something down on the base that I'm not getting... any tips?
  13. Fuel Pressure?

Is there a port on the 2.8L where I can check the fuel pressure at?
  14. Truck jumps at certain speeds

My truck jumps or runs roughly... I don't know how to describe it. It's like if someone dumped the clutch. It's a manual, it does it through all gears, so I don't think it's the transmission. I was thinking it might be the fuel pump, but I don't know how to diagnose it. I've got an 83 with the...
  15. Newb Question

I'm sorry, this is a pretty basic question, but a quick google search turned up nothing. I've got an oil leak and someone mentioned "blow-by" what exactly does this mean?
  16. Engine Diagram?

Does anyone have an engine diagram for the 2.8L? I'm trying to find a leak and I know the general area where it is, but an engine diagram would help me narrow it down I think.
  17. Fuel System Problem

I made a comment regarding my latest trouble with my old 1983 lemon of a Ranger, but I'd like to ask it here in it's own post. My post regarding the starting issue that I'm afraid may have exasterbated this fuel system problem is here...
  18. Problems starting

Hi, not really sure if this belongs in the V6 section or in an electrical section, so I appologize if the thread winds up needing to be moved. So I was having some trouble getting my truck started a few weeks ago and I wound up getting stuck in a parking lot, unable to get the truck started. I...
  19. 1983 2.8l v6 swap options

I've got a persistent oil leak that I've gotten fed up trying to chase down on my 1983 ranger. I'm afraid the block may be cracked. I was wondering what engines I could swap this one for? The truck is 2x4 and has the stock trans. Would a newer 4 cylinder ranger engine work? I'm looking for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad