• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mr. Sharkey

-=SOLVED=- Ignition Switch Struggles - Need Stronger Hands!

2005 XLT 4x4 New truck to me, first issue to get fixed is repairing the ignition switch. Truck was unused for about three years, stored outside. No water incursion to the interior, but the ignition switch is so difficult to turn that it requires both hands to hit the starter. After the engine...
  2. Mr. Sharkey

2005 Ranger 4x4 - 4.0 SOHC Wiring - Rodent Damage

A neighbor is offering their seldom-used Ranger to me for an attractive price. Only problem is, because they haven't been using it, a rat took up residence in the engine bay, building a huge nest of leaves, sticks and the air filter element it chewed into pieces and carried out of the airbox a...
  3. Mr. Sharkey

Is this a common air filter box?

Lower left-hand corner of the pic: Ford part # E57-9600BD I have one, but some previous owner helpfully drilled about a dozen holes in the back of it. I'm wondering if it was used on early 4 cyl Rangers, as the Clymer manual claims. If so, I may have some luck cruising the wrecking yard. If...
  4. Mr. Sharkey

1987 2.3 - New T-belt, now no power

1987 2.3 - New T-belt, now no power (SOLVED) After getting some advice on replacing the timing belt on my Ranger in this thread: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1017295 , I've managed to get it put all back together, but am disappointed to find that I've lost about 50%...
  5. Mr. Sharkey

1987 2.3 - Distributor Not Turning

After spending most of the morning troubleshooting the miserable TFI module, coil, and associated wiring, I've come to the shocking revelation that my distributor is not turning ! Is there a quick and easy fix for this, or am I looking at a deep, internal repair? Going out next to pull the...
  6. Mr. Sharkey

Mitsu vs. Mazda Bell Housing Compatibility

Maybe this question has a completely obvious answer, but I couldn't find it even after searching. Two 1987 Rangers, one 2x4 with a Mazda trans, the other 4x4 with a Mitsubishi trans. I'm doing an engine swap out of the 2x4 into the 4x4 and want to know if the Mitsu transmission will bolt to the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad