• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1990 Bronco ii Eddie Bauer

I am putting my 1990 Bronco ii Eddie Bauer addition up for sale as bad as I hate to do it. I just installed a new (not rebuilt) 2.9 V6 stock engine with a new clutch assembly. Installed new radiator, starter, fuel-pump/sending unit, battery, distributor, wires, injectors, belts, EMC, driver's...
  2. Towing 1990 Broncoii

Hey guys been a long while since being on the board due to health reasons but back again now. My question is this. I have a 1990 Broncoii that I just replaced the 2.9 engine in as well as the entire clutch system. Installed new tires, radiator etc etc etc. Still have a few things to finish &...
  3. Towing with BII

I have a 1990 BII 4X4 with a strong running 2.9 V6 & A4LD tranny. The tranny has been rebuilt & is out of a 1994 Explorer. I am running heavy duty shocks & Explorer springs front & rear with 215/75R/15 tires. The door sticker says the GVWR is 4650 pounds. I also have the D4 rear end which is...
  4. Help

I am needing some information from you transmission guys. I have a 1990 Ranger 3.0 V6 2 WD that needs the transmission replaced. I have a friend who will give me a '87 Ranger 2.8 V6 Toyo Kyogo 5 speed but it will not bolt up to the 3.0 engine unless I can find a bell housing to put on the Toyo...
  5. VaGent's Bronco II

The first 2 pictures are of my newest BII I just bought for my son. It's got 141,000 miles, 2.9 5 speed with the electric transfer case. It's got Explorer tires & wheels that are 265/75/16 in size. It came with a new rebuilt M50D tranny with a new clutch, pressure plate & throwout bearing along...
  6. Fast Idle Problem

OK guys I need some help. I took the TB & IAC on my 2.9 & cleaned it really good. I installed new gaskets when I put them back. The engine runs 100% better then it did BUT, I cannot figure out why it won't idle below 1200 RPMS after cleaning these items. I've checked every hose I can find that...
  7. Disc Brake Conversion

After reading in the Tech section about disc brake conversions, I called SSBC just to get some kind of an idea of what they might cost for the complete bolt on concersion package they have for the BIIs that I am ungrading & restoring. They quotd me $859.00 complete with everything included to...
  8. Engine Swap Question

I have a 1989 Bronco II 2 wheel drive with the A4LD tranny in it that is completely rebuilt. I've also removed the "dummy transfer case" & had a new drive shaft made & installed in it. I'm thinking about swapping out the 2.9 to a 4.0 that is in it now instead of swapping out the 2.9 in my 1990...
  9. 5.0 Heads

Hey guys, is there a way to tell by looking at the heads on a 5.0 if they are GT40 heads or not? I just got a 1998 5.0 engine & was told it had GT40 heads on it.
  10. Axle Question

OK for what it's worth & not sure if it will work. I have a 1989 BII 2X4 with the A4LD tranny & 2.9 V6 engine. The axle ratio now is 3.45. I would like to swap it out for a 8.8 3.08 gear behind a 4.0 V6 A4LD transmission. Will this work without having to change out a lot of stuff. I'm trying to...
  11. Tire Size verses transmission

I need some help guys in figureing something out as I am kinda new to to all this swapping stuff. I just switched out the front & rear springs in my 1990 Bronco II & installed 1991 Explorer front & rear springs. I did this because the rear leaf springs were sagging as most of them do. I gained...
  12. Lund Sun Visor

Hey guys need some info about a Lund Sun Visor. Will a Lund visor that is stated to fit a 83-88 Bronco II fit on a '89-'90 Bronco II as well? Lund shows 2 different part numbers for them. The 12030 is for the '89-'90 Bii & the 12029 is for the '83-'88 Bii. I khow that the windshields will...
  13. Kickdown Cable Adjustment

Need some help guys. Does anyone know the correct way to adjust the kickdown cable on a 1990 Bii with the A4LD tranny 4X4? Sometimes the tranny will kickdown but most of the time it won't.
  14. Transmission Question

I have a 1990 Broncoii 2.9 V6 2X4 with the A4LD tranny WITH the dummy transfer case. I installed a used A4LD & had a new driveshaft made for it & did away with the dummy transfer case. Come to find out the tranny isn't any good. I found a new reman A4LD tranny BUT it's for a 3.0 V6. I am being...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad