• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 89rangerboy

Are the 4-bangers any good

I know that's a pretty open question. But i was going to build a Ranger and was wondering if the 4-bangers are a good choice. All im really going to do is use the truck as a daily driver (while i build my 89 Ranger for off-roader) But if the 4 banger isn't the best then i can take the 2.9...
  2. 89rangerboy

So i have a plan!

So im going to prolly put a 4.0 in my 89 Ranger 4x4 XLT blah blah. So i would get a whole Explorer so i have the parts car. Ok so put the 4.0 in the Ranger. Then take the 2.9 out of the ranger and get a Bronco II. SOOO.... I can build the Ranger into my off-roader. And make the bronco a...
  3. 89rangerboy

Does anyone know...?

What 2.9 tranny is the strongest. I heard i have the weaker one and would just like to beef it up.. Im getting my 2.9L rebuilt (280,00 miles) and would like to just take the tranny out too.... Might as well when the engine is out right?
  4. 89rangerboy

Stroker kit!!!!!

Is there a stroker kit for 2.9s... If so then who makes it and how much??
  5. 89rangerboy

6 inch lift.... With 33's

Is this a good set up on a 89 ranger.... I have so many plans for this truck.... Do you have any suggestions on who i should go with for a lift kit?? Any answers will be good THANKS~!!!!!:woot:
  6. 89rangerboy

'89 Ranger.... 8.8 Rear End

How much modefying would i have to do to change the 7.5 rear end to an 8.8 rear end.... Also will the gearing be fine for 31's.... The ranger is a '89 5 speed... It's an XLT if that makes a diff.... Any answers will do just fine =]
  7. 89rangerboy

390 In A Ranger

Has anyone done this before.... Is it wise to do this... I have the 390 for free and a '89 Ranger for free... The 2.9L has almost 280,000 miles.... and has had its better days.... So any answers will be fine You can call me crazy or sane haha.... My girlfriend thinks im crazy so go for it :)
  8. 89rangerboy

Auto Vs. Manual!!!

Ok i feel stupid to ask this.... But what is the diffirence between Manual hubs and Auto hubs... I have a '89 Ranger with auto hubs. Just curious what the difference is if any at all.
  9. 89rangerboy

aftermarket bumpers 89 ranger

Hey i wanna know.... Is there any manufatuer that makes aftermarket bumpers for an 89 ranger.... And if so is there a website.... Thanks for the help!! :)
  10. 89rangerboy

Wiring Harness

So i was talking to my dad. And he said that the harness changes on the '93-'94 explorer 4.0's from the '91-'92 explorers. I would be putting the 4.0 in my '89 Ranger. Is the harness any diffrent??
  11. 89rangerboy

Ok bucket seats!!

I have my '89 Ranger (extended cab) I was wondering... What kinda seats can i fit into this truck. Can i get any bucket seats out of another ford? What year and model? I went wheelin with my friend and he has bucket seats and i enjoyed it more. I wasnt sliding from one side to the other. O...
  12. 89rangerboy

'89 ranger 300,000 (close)

Hi, I'm new to this thread. So recently i got my dad's '89 Ranger 2.9L XLT. It's in wonderful shape. The motor however has close to 300,000 miles and is well had its better days. So i was just curious... Is a 4.0 a good choice in the Ranger? What would be the best donor truck? I know you...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad