• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

351w swap

1. Need help finding Blockhugger headers

Hello I am new to this site and I'm actually doing this for my dad. He has an 88 Ranger show truck with a 351 Windsor Engine from a '72 Mustang. He needs Blockhugger headers to fit without moving the steering. He has hooker Blockhugger headers now but they have discontinued that part. Does...
  2. "Budget Dream Truck": manual 3.0L 95 Ford Ranger 4x4 (Sorry for newbie questions)

"Budget Dream Truck": manual 3.0L 95 Ford Ranger 4x4 (Sorry for newbie questions) I recently picked up a dented up (body only) 95 ford ranger for cheap. My end (is there really ever an "end" though?) goal for now is to drop a 351W into it along with a M5OD-R2 transmission and an exploder 8.8...
  3. drop I beams

ok, so I dropped a 351w into my 2wd 89 ranger. I want to lower it to give me a better handling truck. my question is do the drop i beams raise the steering components up more into the engine bay. Im concerned bc if they do it will hit my oil pan. it barely clears now at full stuff. I just dont...
  4. Alternator Bracket, Power Steering Bracket

Hello, I'm putting a 351windsor in a 1983 Ford Ranger. I have everything ready to go except my alternator and power steering brackets. Yes, I know the part numbers and that you need to find a car between 1978-1986 with the correct v8 pulley. I went to a junkyard and found a power steering...
  5. Power Steering Pump

I have a 1983 Ford Ranger which I am putting in a 351w in it. I read up online to use these three part numbers. I'm having trouble finding which models they actually came off of, if anyone knows that would be a great help. Ford P/S Brackets P/N E7TZ-3C511-A Ford P/S Pump P/N E6SZ-3A674-B Ford...
  6. 83 Ranger 351w swap

I have a 1983 Ford Ranger that I am putting in a 351w in and I was wondering what dipstick i could use for an AOD transmission that would clear everything because i know its going to be a tight fit.
  7. pokey

85 Ranger with 351W needs headers

Well, it is 3 years later and I am back with the same plea to the fellow enthusiasts out there. The ones I obtained had issues with the starter and the side of the C6 on the passenger side. Hoping someone will be kind enough to offer a suggestion.
  8. 4.0v6 to a 351w

alright guys, i have a stock 4.0l v6 and im getting a 351w, and i would like to know what i need for parts and what kind of transmission i need... my truck has a 4 inch rancho lift.. what would be the best way to beef it up to hold this big engine? i know i have to build my own motor mounts...
  9. play88keys4hymn

Hello everyone

Just another ranger lover. I have an 88GT longbed. Its all factory except for the paint color( 07 dodge viper red), the 18in wheels (07 Gt mustang )and a flip up/removeable sunroof. It has a rebuilt 2.9 with about 75k on it. planning on a 351w swap in a couple of years.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad