1-Piece Fiberglass Dash/Center Console/Rear Sub Box Wit Rolll-Cage.....

my77cobra2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6 [5.0HO Carb swap in progress]
Transmission
Automatic
1-Piece Fiberglass Dash/Center Console/Rear Sub Box With Rolll-Cage.....

i had an 87 ranger ext. cab that got totaled....nd i had soo many plans or it....but now im goin to get a MUCH BETTER platform to build my dream truck...fuel injected dual quad 302 stroker with twin turbos (1,500+ HP) / shortened 9" rear with a 4-Link suspension and a Tremec 6-Speed tranny....but for the interior i wanted to convert the pedal e-brake to a pull-up e-brake / no carpet [im going to spray-on bed-liner the floor] run all the wires either outside the truck or through the center console / and the truck is going to have a full roll-cage so i dont know how to 1.) work with fiberglass or 2.) how to build it around the roll-cage.....i also need some ideas for style....soo please feel free to post pics......

Last edited:

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As for working with fiberglass - see my console build thread in the tech library that gives you one way of building a buck and laying FG over it. If you need more detailed help go to fiberglassforums.com and find all the info and help you would ever want. Beware though - it is addictive once you start and realize it is not all that difficult.
Good Luck and keep us posted.