• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

15x10's

92MiniMonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, since my truck wont sell its time to take it back under my wing. Wheels and Tires Time!!!! Sure the wife hates me, but the truck loves me. So, i wanted to do some 15x10" wheels, with some MT Bajas 33x12.50x15. I lifted the truck with a 4"suspension and 3" BL, so clearance is no issue, but, when it comes to turning, what kind of back spacing are you guys running with this setup

33x12.5x15 on some 15x10's. I really dont want a whole lot of rubbing issues, although i know its likely to get. But i dont want to look like the local paco with my tires 6 inches past the fenders. Its bad enough everyone thinks im mexican and speaks spanish to me all day long when in fact i havnt the slightest idea what they just said. ( no offense to anyone )

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Most people run 3.75" backspacing.

92MiniMonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
OK, thats what i was thinking, just want to see what others with this actual setup were using as far as backspacing.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
If you want to run 10s, I'd go with 4.5" backspacing. Easier on the bearings, and won't stick out as far.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
if you run 4.5" backspacing and a 15" rim you will have less than a quarter inch clearance to the tie rod and knuckle.and the tire will rub like crazy on the radius arms,etc.
i've not had bearing problems yet and commuted in my truck 100 miles a day,diden't pack the bearings as often as i should have either with regular water crossings and some jumping.though when i do my bearings i make sure they are adjusted perfect and the outer lock nut is about 200lb/ft not the 150 in the manual

your truck will handle much better with the wider stance and the tires will wear better since they sit flatter(the main reason i got 10"s,the second being i wanted some 33x14 boggers).but will be more vulnerable to sidewall puncure and rim damage on rocks.

i'll trade it looking a little hokey for stablity and handling,sides it won't look half bad with some rubber fender flares(ignore the camber in the first pic-there was no engine or tranny in the truck)

the boggers definately stick out!

EDIT:you shoulden't need to trim your fenders at all since you have 7"s of lift(i'm on 3"s)

Last edited:

92MiniMonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
rickcdewitt,
what is your backspacing then. I accidently just started aother thread because i couldnt find this one. The new thread was for 35x12.50's, and im wondering if the backspacing would still be 3.75. Thanks for you input guys

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
so if you're keeping the truck do you still want the polished intake?:derisive:

3.75" backspace is factory on these ttb trucks,that is pretty much all you want to run with factory suspension.

the manufacturers try and confuse us with metric offsets and other horse shit but you really only need the backspace and rim width to pick a rim

if you use a 10" wheel with 35's or bigger the wheel bearings would probably become a lot less reliable though.

Last edited:

92MiniMonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I actually ported mine a little bit when i did the rebuild. Sorry man, as i wanted that the truck fell into some issues, and its pretty much made a full recovery.

Anyway, I just want to make things clear. 3.75 backspacing wil be fine for 35x12.50's on some 15x10 inch wheels. I know i keep asking this question, but i cant find a definite answer out of it. LoL, and if the bearings are likely to become less reliable, what should i do. I really want to run 35x12.50's, if i have to ill go smaller, but rather not. Thanks guys,

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
you go in from 3.75=rub ,out=bearing wear

you could run 15x8 or 9 for bearing life but it will rub on the radius arms more

92MiniMonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
a 12.50 wide tire wont fit very nicely on a 8" wide rim, Will it look decent on a 9?
Rickcdewitt, you said you wanted 33x14 boggers? Im assuming youre running them? What is your backspacing? The truck really wont be driven that much because i just finished my elcipse to make the daily drive. So the truck will probably see 10 miles or so a day, TOPS.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
a 12.50 wide tire wont fit very nicely on a 8" wide rim, Will it look decent on a 9?
Rickcdewitt, you said you wanted 33x14 boggers? Im assuming youre running them? What is your backspacing? The truck really wont be driven that much because i just finished my elcipse to make the daily drive. So the truck will probably see 10 miles or so a day, TOPS.
What's your definition of "nicely"?

I think they fit VERY nicely myself...

They just barely rub the RA when turned to full-lock (I'd rather have them rub harmlessly the RA than play havoc on the bearings)

However, there are several here that have run as big as 38X12.50s on 10" rims (3.75 BS) without bearing issues, so it may very well just depend on how much care you give it when you are setting up the preloads and what not.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
run 3.75 backspace:buttkick:,you don't need a different backspace for different tires.

a 12.50 tire is actually about 10 inches wide so it will work down to an 8" wide rim.

i would be tempted to use the 10" wheels for stability with your 7" lift but its all about preference (and i already have two sets of 15x10's,AT's and the boggers)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals