• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For Sale 1989 Ford Ranger 2.9 XLT

visionarygvp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
Your truck is really sharp, excellent clean up & wax job. You're being VERY optimistic about it bringing 8k.

And to dirtymike: no extended cabs with 7' beds.
By the way thank you!

visionarygvp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
That's an odd bed for sure, or the bug-eye lense is playing tricks on us. The front of the bed appears short with the fuel filler door very close to the front of the bed like a shortbed is, but the rear of the bed appears to be a longbed. Odd indeed..

Reminds me of the V8 Ranger I saw for sale the other day online. Longbed extended cab. All custom built, but I couldn't figure out how he did it, because it still had all of the factory rivets holding the front/rear frame sections together. Must have been cut and re-welded..
There are other photos attached of the truck with out the funky angles. But it’s definitely not a short cab. Im not sure if the previous owner did anything to extend the cab, but everything looks factory on the truck. Im the second owner by the way. Previous owner passed away and the wife was getting rid of it, so she asked her neighbor to sell it.

visionarygvp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
How many miles are on it?

I personally wouldn't bother trying to sell it on the west coast. Too much hassle, not enough reward. There's likely a bunch of nice 89s for sale out there, for round about the same price, that the buyer could probably go look at in person.. AND avoid having to pay the exorbitant shipping costs that go along with auto transport.

Old rangers are cool, and becoming increasingly desirable.. BUT.. they aren't 69 trans ams.. or hertz mustangs. I don't think they're desirable enough for someone to pay top dollar AND pay shipping for something they can't even look at in person.

Nice truck though, extremely clean looking interior. Glws!
As of right now the dash is showing almost 56,000 miles. However I was told with the 89’ Fords after 99,999 it starts over, because they didn’t create the odometer to go into the 6 digits? I’m not sure how true that is, but if that’s not true then the mileage that’s showing is the true mileage.
Again I’m not sure because the previous owner is passed away, it was a older gentleman and his wife gave the truck to her neighbor to sell. Im the second owner. When I checked Carfax there isn’t much information, because the previous owner probably worked on the truck himself, or knew someone who could maintenance it for him.
Before I bought it and checked the title to make sure it was clean, it indeed only shows one previous owner it was registered to.

I agree with you with trying locally.

visionarygvp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
I would put in the ad that its a long bed, and also other specs like engine size, 2wd or 4wd, transmission (a/t or 5 spd), and maybe rear axle type (7.5 or 8.8)....Also the last sentence in your first paragraph is repeated twice. Thats my edit suggestions lol
Thank you for the tips, I wish I could find a manual for it because I honestly only know the bare minimum as far as specs are concerned.

RustyShackleford94

Just some guy
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I honestly don’t know the full details on the specs, but it’s front wheel drive. Automatic transmission.
Its rear wheel drive.
Mine would be a 114 but I can find out for sure. It didn’t come with a manual or anything, so I’m not even sure where I can get more details on specs. I see that, that is important to know now.
Its 125” (normal supercab wheel base)
As of right now the dash is showing almost 56,000 miles. However I was told with the 89’ Fords after 99,999 it starts over, because they didn’t create the odometer to go into the 6 digits? I’m not sure how true that is, but if that’s not true then the mileage that’s showing is the true mileage.
Again I’m not sure because the previous owner is passed away, it was a older gentleman and his wife gave the truck to her neighbor to sell. Im the second owner. When I checked Carfax there isn’t much information, because the previous owner probably worked on the truck himself, or knew someone who could maintenance it for him.
Before I bought it and checked the title to make sure it was clean, it indeed only shows one previous owner it was registered to.

I agree with you with trying locally.
Correctish. Rangers pre 95 only had 5 digit odometers so they do indeed roll over at 99,999 miles.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
THIS is your door data label. bottom left corner under the letters WB give you your wheel base. If you want to know if its a long or short bed for sure, get a tape
measure. short=6ft or 72 inches. long = 7ft or 84 inches. Simple.

Attachments

Blue 92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Supercab
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
When I bought my 92 Supercab it was advertized as a long bed. I asked the guy to measure it and he said it was 72".....
You can probably find sales brochures somewhere on this site that will let you know what was available in 89.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
I'm pretty sure they don't make a long bed xtra cab in those yrs

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals