• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a complete manual shift setup for a 1350 if you need any pieces. i can throw them in the box when everything else make's it's way up there?

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
thanks man ill let you know i have a but load of parts not sure if its on my spare tcase or not

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
just let me know. i'm tryin to see if jim will start a freebie section in the classified section as i have a ton of spare part's that are good and very usefull to the right persone, but there just cluttering up my garage right now. so if someone wanted to pay shiping ide give whatever they needed away.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
pm me with some other junk you wanna get rid of. we can work somethin out when you send out the lift im sure

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
pm me whit what you might need. i could go on forever. i wanna go thru the garge and put aside everything that i dont need or dont plan on using. i keep reading post's and see when someone need's part's and a bulb light's up in my head. i cant even start to list everything that's up for grab's i'll be here forever.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
haha ok. and i got hundreds of parts because i scrapped 5 or 6 rbvs and parts just come and go and sell and etc. but that linkage im sure i had a few of them but i traded it with a transfer case for a d35 and i never thought i would need that linkage lol.. ill try to come up with some stuff and ill let you know thanks dude

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
unhooked the linkage from the tcase today and i cant get the lever on the case to budge, i think thats why the linkage bent up. i pulled on it with 2 hands and all the power in me and i couldnt budge it, so i went out behind the garage and found another trans with tcase attached to it(no the linkage wasnt on it) so i dragged it in the garage and had the tcase took off within 10 minutes, including going and looking for it out behind the garage in the snowbank.

i grabbed the little lever on this other tcase and i could move it with 2 finger. so i think tonight i am going to swap cases, doesnt seem like a big job. unbolt rear driveshaft, unplug the speed sensors and 4x4 indicator light and what not and then the 5 bolts that hold the case to the trans and the front shaft should just slide out after pulling back the tcase then drop it out of the truck, push the new one up in place bolt it on and plug it in and giv er. seems like it shouldnt take more than an hour, im sure most of you can have it done in much quicker but i never done this while while under a truck before

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
!!!

gen 1 front clip swap. yay or nay

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Haha I'm not sure yet. The rad support and fenders and everything on this truck is absolutely mint, the rad support is even still the original blue all over. I am not sure yet

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
mock it up and see how you like it. if its what you want do it. if its not, don't do it.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
well i dont really wanna cut out my old core support jus to see if i like it or not
will my headlight harness plug in to the gen 1 headlights? i have the complete 88 ranger so if needed i can splice the harnesses together.. IF i do it

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
sorry to change the subject and jack the thread a bit, but boggin, can you snap some pics of your t-case linkage before and after you hook it up? i've been trying to hook up my manual 1350 and i cannot for the life of me figure out how it goes together.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals