• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dayco Fuel Line Hoses 93036 is $29.95 a roll of 25ft of 1/2in fuel hose good up to 50psi at summit. That is what I buy because its cheaper that way. Also I used the wire diagram to cut away the wires I didn't need. I hope you get your truck running soon. I love it when hard work pays off's.:yahoo:

prymetime1

Reaction score
Dayco Fuel Line Hoses 93036 is $29.95 a roll of 25ft of 1/2in fuel hose good up to 50psi at summit. That is what I buy because its cheaper that way. Also I used the wire diagram to cut away the wires I didn't need. I hope you get your truck running soon. I love it when hard work pays off's.:yahoo:
Mang, u always looking out on the goodies. Thanks for the heads up..I'll see what else I need from summit and toss that in the next order. I'll be doing gauges soon there after [emoji469]

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yep Us car guys need to stay together and help each other. I love to find deals and pass it along!

prymetime1

Reaction score
So not much or an update but I did end up making a little bit of progress today. I sat and stared at the harness and then figured..... reverse engineer what I don't need out of this B!?. So with that thought I went to hacking ish up:

And finally to where I have my wipers, horn, headlights, blinkers and connector to the rear lights :

Once I get it back in the truck, I'll hook a battery up and test the systems. If it's all good, I'll loom it up and tuck it out of sight.

I do need to see about jumping the neutral safety switch on the clutch pedal. I removed the the reservoir and plunger set up from the firewall and now it's just a hanging out. Anyone?

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Are you leaving the three pedals set or putting a brake and gas pedal set in it. On my mustang I just let the clutch pedal lay on the floor and jumped the neutral safety switch but be careful and make sure you have it in park or neutral. lol I done it before and oops. Oh Nice wiring job.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Are you leaving the three pedals set or putting a brake and gas pedal set in it. On my mustang I just let the clutch pedal lay on the floor and jumped the neutral safety switch but be careful and make sure you have it in park or neutral. lol I done it before and oops. Oh Nice wiring job.
Right now I'm planning on leaving the set up as is and bolting it to the floor. Did u ground a pin on the switch or how did u jump yours?

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Right now I'm planning on leaving the set up as is and bolting it to the floor. Did u ground a pin on the switch or how did u jump yours?
yes I put pin in the plug to jump it. a thin wire, electric tape it so it won't come out

prymetime1

Reaction score
yes I put pin in the plug to jump it. a thin wire, electric tape it so it won't come out
Gotcha thanks bud, I just watched a quick vid on YouTube, it was a 91 but I'm sure it's not to far off...said the closest two wires to the firewall, in the 91's case two pink wires, get jumped together..easy task. I just finished up a pre lume on my harness...hoping when I plug it back in, I get the few functions I meant to leave. Lol.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Updated pic of pre lume, lume:

I taped off all the ends of exposed wires before bundling anything up. There is still a few wires I'd like to clean up but I need to test before anymore hacking.[emoji418]

prymetime1

Reaction score
No real update, just planning on making some progress this weekend. I do think I'm going to pull the trigger on the northern rad. It looks like a real nice pc. The one I currently have is a northern also, hopefully it's the same nice quality. Weather is supposed to be nice next week and I may be able to use some time off to get this thing done.
Tomorrow I plan on testing the wire harness and starter function,make sure all is good there. Going to get the fuel cell mounted. Gotta drop the trans, mount the torq converter and figure out the shifter ish...then put it back up and test the drive shaft....er Maybe check that first lol.
Install the headers.
Hopefully it goes smooth and I can get this thing close to being able to fire up by next weekend.
Happy Halloween!

prymetime1

Reaction score
Quick update on the little bit of progress I made today. I got the harness in and have all functions minus the starter. Lights, brights, turns, hazards, brakes, horn, radio, and blower motor. The battery was pretty dead so after a while of messing with it I decided to move fwd with ish and get the cell mounted.

I had to cut the bed to make room for the sump on the cell and reshape the mounting straps as I needed it to sit against the back of the bed. It's going to fit nice n snug under the tool box. For extra safety clearance I'm going to add about 1/2 of rubber under each side of the tool box sitting on the bed. This will hopefully ensure that when the shits twisting, it don't contact the cell. Also, you notice it's off center, I'm relocating the batter to the right of it when I get there.

I didn't get to dropping the trans but I did test fit the drive shaft and all should be good there [emoji3]

Tomorrow I am pulling engine n trans n trying to get that ready for permanent installation, once I get the mechanicals all sorted out I can move to finish up wiring...
If I can't figure out the issue for starting off the ignition, I'll wire up a push button start n be done with it.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Well today was a semi decent day. Things were going pretty well and then I hit a road block towards the end of my sunlight. :/

So today I set out to drop the trans n get that ish going. I manages to do so with not much issues getting it out solo.
Once out I started to mess with the shifter set up. I got the cable ready to go on the trans and the shifter set up on the foor..remember when I said I seen some sloppy installs...well maybe the c4 is why, idk but my shifter will have to sit back farther than originally thought. Leaving a space to fill where the old shifter once sat. Ull deal with this to make it look nice but I was thrown off by how it loooked. So for the shifter to work right, u need to hack off the lower portion of the shifter linkage:

The gapping hole:

Cable installed:

I got thr t/c installed and seated ready to go with one quart of fluid in it.

From there I moved to the engine backing plate. It needed to be trimmed since it was made for both the 157 and 164 tooth bell housing mating up to a 302.

I traced out what needed trimming from the engine side.

Cut and cleaned up ready to go back.

From there moved to the headers to make sure all was good with clearance. They fit snug, all I can say. Passenger side just sitting there.

Diver side header

I had to pull the engine up just a bit with the hoist to get the headers in.
Once I got them tightened down I figure to go ahead and bolt the engine down to the mounts.
It's tight getting in there:

So I felt like I made serious gains today with the above. I figured it's still light out, get the trans back in. So i attempted. Between the headers being in the way to clear the bell housing and the engine being tightened down to where I can't move it to marry it with the trans I ended up running out of day light n had to pack it in. I'll have to attack this later in the week.

It's supposed to be another decent week up here in nj. I have some time to use from work and I plan on doing so this week to get this thing done. Getting itchy to finish it, and, it's guna get to cold soon enough to want to be working on it outside. Hopefully I can get it buttoned up and down to the track once before they close for the winter.

Ono

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
1994 347/c4 build -project name pending

Man great progress brotha . I'm down for some more pic of the headers top and bottom side when you can . I'm really thinking the tri's are for me [emoji106]?

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]

prymetime1

Reaction score
Man great progress brotha . I'm down for some more pic of the headers top and bottom side when you can . I'm really thinking the tri's are for me [emoji106]?

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]
Hey mang,thanks! and no problem I'll snap some more this week when I'm digging in. They are pretty nice in construction, just Sucks banging em up n scratching the finish :/

In other news, I got like 300 bucks coming back from parts that are being returned, headers back to jeggs and my tansmission yoke back to summit, stock one works so I don't need it and I'm using the long tubes so I don't need the headmans. Also...fingers crossed I got some interest on the parts for sale on craigslist, that's nice coin back if it goes thru.[emoji106] [emoji106]
Thinking I'll get the tires n rear end if posible. [emoji469] [emoji469]

prymetime1

Reaction score
Monday...order day.lol.
Summit is on speed dial by now.

Got the 1/2 inch dayco fuel line, SPAL electric fan control and some wire loom so I could get free shipping..

Got approved days off so I'll be back at it tomorrow. Just called kmj performance on the radiator and they are out of stock today. Dude said they could drop shop it to me but won't be here till next week. I guess I'll see how it works with stock radiator n e fan....at least just to get it rolling n go from there....

Ono

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals