• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 cheap llift.

2wdmuddin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beefy 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
i know you can use explorer leafs on the rear for a budget lift on the rear of the rangers, but i was wondering can you take explorer coils and lift the front end or would i have to get leveling coils?

NickRanger89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
You can use the explorer leafs, but wont give you much of a lift, because they mount directly under the frame rail, unlike the ranger leafs on the ousides of the frame rail. You want to go real cheap? Go to your local junk yard and pull the rear 2in blocks off a 4wd ranger, remember to grab the longer u-bolts as well. As long as your there find an early 90's f-150, under the coil spring there is a cast iron spacer, this will fit on your ranger, thus giving you about a 2in lift for the front. That will match your 2in lift in the rear and you'll be at the height of a 4wd. You'll also have to purchase new shocks, you can use the factory 4x4 shocks. The best budget lift I've found. I had this on my first 96. Best part of this is that these will never sag.

2wdmuddin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beefy 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
thanks, that sounds like my best bet right now. are those f150 spacers on the 4wd or 2wd? also would i need to do anything to my driveshaft after the lift

NickRanger89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The cast iron spacers are on the 4wd f150. Your drive shaft is fine.

2wdmuddin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beefy 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
thanks man i know what to look for now

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals