• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3 L into 1971 VW single cab

itlives

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I've got lead on some Mercedes rims for $100. Now all I need is $100 and then some for tires!

itlives

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
No, it has an IRS rear end. I know the trans ring and pinion can be changed. But that's more expensive than changing tires -LOL!
I'm thinking that 15" rims and the right size tires will get me where I want to be.
I would like to be around 2900RPM @ 65 MPH.

itlives

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
It's been a while! I've been enjoying the truck on a daily basis. Very dependable! I have all the bugs worked out. Finally figured out the vibration is in the shifter linkage (in the tube).

I have a question though. Now, I want to run a progressive carb. My GPM is 15. I can't handle that!
Right now, I'm running a marine intake with a Holley 350. What are my choices? Do I have to change intakes or can I fit a progressive carb on the intake I have?
Thanks!

John Smith

Reaction score
good 2 hear

It's workin great for ya. The marine intake came with a bolt pattern for a Rochester carb..2gc, 2GE etc. It seems that Carter had various 2 barrel carbs as well along with the very popular Weber. The Holley/Weber (5200) from the late 70's came as a progressive carb. Weber also has a modern version new-retail progressive carb.

I have in my collection a few early Carter and Rochester 2 barrels as well as the original 2GE Rochester for your manifold. NOT progressive though. I would look for a Weber that is progressive and fits your manifold w/o too much effort. and then just tune, tune, tune...

Good 2 hear your vw/mod is workin great.. good luck

piedrarock

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Hey Itlives , I see this is an old thread , maybe you still monitor this forum , Im just getting going on my 91 4.0L that has been sitting in my Karmann Ghia for quite awhile .
It would be good to talk a lil shop . I see sometimes people talking about personal mail me , but I don t see how to go about doing that .
Can you or anyone else let me know how to do this please ?
Thanks as always .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals