• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3T price?

IanGrimmy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
im searching for a 2.3T to put in my ranger, and was wondering what a decent price would be? found prices ranging in $250-$800 all being about the same exact thing, mainly only finding the tbird setups.. just curious if anyone could shine some light on my situation

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
It can vary greatly depending on what shape the engine is in, how many miles, was it ever rebuilt, and what parts are included.

I just had a chance at a turbo 2.3 engine with all wiring, computer, and all other parts for $500...but the guy said it was rebuilt two years ago and couldn't prove it...then he told me that the guy he bought it from had another turbo vehicle (mustang SVO) and sold the T-Bird off...

So I passed on it...

I guess it depends on you and your ability to detect bs or see a good deal when it comes up...I'm usually pretty terrible at these things and often screw up...lol

IanGrimmy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
they are apparently rare here, i found that same setup, out of a t-bird, says it was freshly rebuilt along with new turbo, wiring/computer/ect and another ranger 5spd trans for $750...but seems a bit steep compared to others

IanGrimmy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
"ford 2.3 turbo motor - $750 (concord)
I have a complete low millage ford 2.3 turbo motor originally out of a 1988 ford thunderbird turbo coupe, but was pulled and rebuilt. Now has all ford ranger drive with serpentine system fresh turbo, and ranger aluminum oil pan. Was set up to run on a megasquirt, but also have stock computer to go with it. Has a ranger 5 speed trans that is bolted to it with a center force dual friction clutch. was installed and running in my Ford ranger but never pulled and has been siting in my garage for some time now. got a lot more tied up in it, but doesn't need to be sitting around collecting dust. call me @ "

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I bought my first one for $650, second two together for $240... first was in better shape than the other two

IanGrimmy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
"ford 2.3 turbo motor - $750 (concord)
I have a complete low millage ford 2.3 turbo motor originally out of a 1988 ford thunderbird turbo coupe, but was pulled and rebuilt. Now has all ford ranger drive with serpentine system fresh turbo, and ranger aluminum oil pan. Was set up to run on a megasquirt, but also have stock computer to go with it. Has a ranger 5 speed trans that is bolted to it with a center force dual friction clutch. was installed and running in my Ford ranger but never pulled and has been siting in my garage for some time now. got a lot more tied up in it, but doesn't need to be sitting around collecting dust. call me @ "
would you say this is worth $750?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If the trans is hooked up you can do a compression and leakdown tests, that will give a good indication of motor health. If he is being truthful I'd say it's worth it. I'm actually looking for a 2.3t for my race truck and would seriously consider that if it was close.

Richard

IanGrimmy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
this is for a beater truck that i bought for $400 lol, truck runs and drives great, but i love boost :)

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Then you wile have a 400 dollar truck that you have 1,150 in.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
That's OK, I have a beater that I paid $500 for and spent another, (GulP), $3,000 fixing up...and I still need another motor...

The good news is...I would have spent at least $15,000 on a newer truck and I would probably still be paying on it...or defaulted on the loan when I lost my job and was out of work for 2 years...going on 6 years since I've worked full time for any length of time...then I would have no truck...no job, no blah, blah, blah...

But now I have a truck...for now...:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals