• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2 wheel drive motor mounts

Riq21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Finally got discouraged trying to find someone to make the "Brian" motor mounts for me and went with what James Duff had to offer. Anyone have any experience with these mounts, as in how will it locate the engine in relationship to the firewall?

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
I wasn't aware that they made a mount for '98+

Have a link?

Riq21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
No link. Called them and asked them specifically if they made a mount for my application. They said they did and sent it today. Not sure what they sent will work based on what I have read. I will give them a call tomorrow and speak with someone else. Anyway, the stuff they sent consists of a two plates, one longer than the other for passenger side to be attached to the frame. Aslo ordered mounts that would attach to the engine and slide into the plates with a stud once the plates are installed to frame. mmmmmmmmmm... got me wondering.

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
No link. Called them and asked them specifically if they made a mount for my application. They said they did and sent it today. Not sure what they sent will work based on what I have read. I will give them a call tomorrow and speak with someone else. Anyway, the stuff they sent consists of a two plates, one longer than the other for passenger side to be attached to the frame. Aslo ordered mounts that would attach to the engine and slide into the plates with a stud once the plates are installed to frame. mmmmmmmmmm... got me wondering.
Yea, and if I'm not mistaken, those mounts are 85-93 GT Stang 'vert mounts.

Riq21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Reading further, discovered these are Advance Adapter plates made for earlier conversions. Spoke directly with Jim from Advance today and he states that they are fairly sure that these will work for my application. Yes, the m/m does resemble the mustung vert mounts that are talked about fairly often. Looks like I will give these a try and see what happens. I suspect the engine will sit pretty low using these mounts.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pictures? Believe no one else has found any off the shelf aftermarket mounts/plates to work with the later years. I bet I could get the shop that did mine to make ten and get the cost down to $100. Our whole county has less than 50K pop and had no problem getting a set made.
Dave of the Nord

Riq21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual

These are the plates that were went from Duff. They are from Advance Adapters.

Riq21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual

These are the motor mounts that work with the plates in previous post and the directions from James Duff. You can see on the top of the page these are from Advance Adapters.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd sure be afraid just looking at the title of the parts description, it says "1991-1994". Frames changed a bit from '97' to '98'. Give them a try I guess and good luck.
Dave

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual

These are the motor mounts that work with the plates in previous post and the directions from James Duff. You can see on the top of the page these are from Advance Adapters.
Hard to tell what those mounts are in that pic. Kinda look like early Bronco mounts from what little you can make out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals