• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SOLD! 2000 Ranger XLT for repair or parts - SOLD

schart3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
Hello, not a forum regular here but really hoping to find a better home for my ranger than the scrap yard so figured no better place than here. I have a 2000 XLT with a body and interior in immaculate condition for its age, but needing mechanical restoration.

Specifics:

-2000 XLT, 4x2, auto, ext cab, 167k miles
-Class 3 hitch with 7 pin wiring
-I've been the owner since 2002
-Major Problem: Engine has cracked head. I removed engine in 2014 with intent to replace and it never happened. Engine is still out-of-vehicle. Parts are numbered and bagged (mostly).
-Minor problems: One truck bed bolt hole is stripped. One wheel stud threads are stripped. Needs new ball joints. Probably needs new radiator due to oil contamination. Due to long storage will need new fuel pump and whatnot too.

Has been in storage since 2014 so no weather damage, rodent damage, or anything of the sorts. Has been on jacks too so tires are older but shouldn't have flat spots. I tested the electronics yesterday for the first time in 9 years and seemed to work fine.

I was going to sell for scrap as its time I need it out of my garage and I don't forsee fixing it anytime soon, but thought I would see if anyone nearby might want it and put to better use than just scrap metal.

Price: I just want what I would get for scrap, $500.

Logistics: Would need picked up in Burlington CO. Preferably you have a trailer with a winch but I can try to use my wife's Jeep to push onto a trailer if need be. I do not have an engine lift so ideally you can bring an engine lift or other means, but if serious about the truck we can talk about options on this more if a deal breaker.

I am probably forgetting something important so don't hesitate to reach out for more info or pictures, would love to see this go to someone who really wants it.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
That would be a good candidate for a V8 swap.

Good luck selling it opposed to its scrap yard fate. It looks pretty solid and together... totally worth the effort to see if it can stay that way.

Thanks for posting it here for the membership to maybe have a go at it.

avid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT 4.0 OHV 4wd
Transmission
Automatic
@schart3

Is that a 4.0 SOHC engine? How rusty is the undercarriage- do you have any photos?

schart3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
@schart3

Is that a 4.0 SOHC engine? How rusty is the undercarriage- do you have any photos?
Sorry for the delayed response, was out of town, but got to telling a co-worker about my efforts to avoid the scrap yard and he decided to make a project for him and his son, so I'm going to go ahead and mark it sold. Appreciate the interest, will let you know if anything changes!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals