• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 on 93-97 frame

wohlf 16

Banned
Solid Axle Swap
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Is it possible? I have been seriously thinkin about this ever since i went through my third or fourth set of wheel bearings. Kinda lost track. Anyways Im thinking about finding a bare 93 to 97 frame completely stripped of everything and swapping the body, motor, tranny, and rear axle over. If I get an extended cab frame from 93-97 will everything line up from the 01? I plan on either keepin the twin i-beam setup or eb44 sas on it. My main reason for this is I hate the sla ifs and if i get a 93-97 frame bare I can set everything up the way I want. Chevy 64inch in back, fully box the frame, ditch the body lift and either put on a suspension lift or sas it with less headaches. With this frame i will already have a steering box.
Main concerns are
Will my 01 edge extended cab body and box line up with a 93-97 extended cab?
Will my 4.0 sohc bolt right in along with my manual tranny?

Oh and the reason I posted this here is if I go this route Im 99% sure its gonna end up with a eb44 and I will post pics of the progress.

And for pic lovers heres the patient.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
if you're going to sas it anyways why dont you just sas the 01 frame and then your done

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, the body mounts, engine mounts, and transmission mount will be the same if you get an extended cab frame.

funinthemud

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, the body mounts, engine mounts, and transmission mount will be the same if you get an extended cab frame.

not completely true. i did this with mine and the body mounts under the core support were like an inch inward. i just cut them and extended them out. easy fix. everything else lined up perfect.

wohlf 16

Banned
Solid Axle Swap
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Its got a 3 inch body lift with 10 inch wide wheels 4 or so back spacing and 33 12.50s. But it was still eating up bearings when I had 8 inch wide wheels. Although I replaced my upper control arms tie rod ends and wheel bearings about 2 months ago and everything still seems tight. Still want to do the frame swap anyways.
Reason for not wanting to do this to the frame I got now is cause ive already been there done that. Id rather have the box already located for me and have something I dont have to hack the shit out of again.
Thanks for the info guys. Think I can handle extending the front frame mounts. Glad everything else will fit.
Really would like to get a frame and ttb for cheap or nothin. Been huntin CL and havent seen anybody partin out 93-97 4x4 rangers. If anybody would like to donate thats around the central ohio area I would be interested!

funinthemud

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i live about 2 hour from cbus and have a 94 frame, sand blasted and painted but it wont be free...

bronco2guy

Banned - Selling busted parts
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This is a good question! My brother and I have talked about doing the same thing and running the TTB front that we like better, but the look of a newer truck, and with everything else being newer. I like the idea please give it a try 1st LOL :)

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
one other thing that wasn't mentioned....since the frame rails are 2" total narrower in front with the 93-97 frame...you will need a radiator from a 93-97....

l8r, John

funinthemud

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
True and also you will need a fuel tank from a 93-97 they are different as well. But its an easy fix if u can do some simple wiring.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals