• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2003 door ajar problems

goldxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok before every one jumps down my neck i know the door ajar is a common problem on the extended cabs, wd40 has been working great up until now. i have a rough driveway; every time i drive down the drive my light is goin off and on over every bump, if my door ajar light is on i can just pull the drivers on the drivers door to turn it off(works until the next bump) and around turns it will go off. only seems to be the driver side door.

what im wondering if this is still the same problem or should i try to move the door latch to get it to close tighter? i only see the latch for the rear door to adjust, doesnt seem like that would work, any ideas?

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
First off, you're siggy quote is kinda disgusting. lol

Secondly, it doesn't like a a WD40 problem with the door latches. However, you could try to shim the door jamb and make the door close tighter.

But, it sounds like a grounding issue. The wires that go between the door hinge pivot and the body can break. Think of it like a paperclip that you bend back and forth 20X. It eventually fatigues and breaks into 2 pieces. That could be the case with your door wires. Some are made of copper (high conductivity with a low 'k' constant), and they are also less ductile for breakage.

It could also be a grounding issue; somewhere your black wire could be coming loose. But, I suspect its the former.

Pull off the door skin and check all those connections and the wires.

Third, your door button could be going. Is that what you suspect it to be?

goldxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i was thinking the door wasnt shutting enough; i came down the drive tonight and was pulling in on the door handel and i didnt have the alarm go off, i was hitting the bumps rather hard too, just not sure how i would adjust it. the loose ground sounds like it could be the culprit as well because im sure it is getting tossed around as i hit bumps, that should be easy enough to check for.

i think you may have been the first to say somthing about my sig:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals