• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2008 Ranger - Does it have rear inner fender liners?

Muscleford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I am wondering if my 2008 got shorted at assembly as it does not have any sort of inner fender liners in the rear. I just looked at an 07 in the used line at a local dealer and it has some partial inner fender liners in the rear.

Thanks

George

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dunno. Keep checking other new trucks and see. Hard to believe these companies can be so tight-ass when it comes to stuff you really should have. I'd slip by a boneyard and pick up a set if it was me... Damn near any year after 1993 should work.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
It should have the fender liner. Go to a new Ford lot and take a look at the new 08 Rangers. If the 08's don't have them, I guess Ford didn't plan to install them.

It could also be based on Ranger models. Maybe the XLT and up have them, but not the XL. Who knows but even I'm wondering now.

Muscleford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I have and XLT and it does not have them.

Muscleford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I called the dealer and they are going to have the service dept call me tomorrow. The guy that is the best source was off today.

I may go the bone yard in early June and get some off a wreck. My truck also does not have the mudflaps. It has some black plastic over the body right behind the front wheel and behind the rear wheel.

I have a cost on the rear mudflaps but am not sure if the liner is included. I may call the dealer I got my grille from in Nevada (he priced the mud flaps for me) and see if he knows if the mud flaps include the inner liner. I doubt it because the price for both sides was like $38.00 plus shipping. His discount is not that large so I may also try locally.

George

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
My 05 didn't have them, either does my moms 06. The bed on my 02 was off an 07 and it didnt have them. So no, I dont think they have them anymore.

Edit: Come to think of it, all those trucks were 2wd. That might make a difference.

Last edited:

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
My 00 has them. I agree, check the junk yard. I'm running modifyed junkers in my ZJ

Muscleford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
There are two 07's and an 06 on the used car lot near where I work and all three have partial inner rear fenders. CanadianRangers 08 has them too.

George

Muscleford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
UPDATE

Spoke with the salesman yesterday. I check some in stock Rangers, they had none at all when I ordered mine, and he told me they all had partial inner fender liners on the rear. He has service call me and I have to take my truck in so they can in person see they are not there. Guess they think my eyesight is bad, just kidding, the factory probably requires a personal observation before they will ship free parts.

Anyway we shall see. I will also inspect the in stock Rangers to see if they have rear mud flaps cause I believe they should. Salesman told me only the 4 WD have them but CanadianRanger's 2WD has them but he is in Canada so, maybe different.

I will update when either they are installed or service tells me no dice.

George

Muscleford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
UPDATE

Visited the dealer this morning. The service adviser checked I would guess assembly pics and found that not only was what I believed was missing there is also an upper fender liner that goes from about 10 o'clock to the rear fender liner. The out come is they will order both pieces for both sides and let me know when they come in and install them.

George

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals