• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2010 Ranger

yamaha6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I just test drove a 2010 Ranger 4x4 sport and I have to say I am really impressed. The truck isn't totally different or anything but, The improvements they have mad are noticeable. All ranger 4x4's are now equipped with a 4.0l and have what is effectively the fx4 package with the 8.8 torsin limited slip axle + all the skid plates and, rancho shocks. I have a 07 with all that I have said already - the skid plates and rancho shocks. The one I test drove had a auto trans. I was going to drive the stick but i figured it would be just like my truck so I wanted to change it up. The auto is equipped to pull more than the standard! I was told this is because the auto has a heavier fly wheel. The 5 speed auto shifts really nice and, although it was not a peppy as my stick shift 5 speed off the line, it just flies on the highway. I was also impressed with the traction control system because you can shut it off fully when you want it off but, its always there when you need it. The 4 wheel dick brakes are awesome compared to the brakes on my truck. It also has a really nice stereo and, standard sat radio. I was thinking of doing a trade in but its really not worth it from a money point of view but; it was a really nice truck to drive. If any one has a new one I would like to here how you have like owning it to this point. Thanx:beer:

babytruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
you said "dick" hehe

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I will not buy another Ranger unless Ford puts out a real 4 door like the Tacoma or the Nissan or even the GMC and Chevy compact trucks that are real 4 doors. You can buy the Ranger out of the country with the 4 doors, just not here in the USA!! What gives with that?? My next truck will be a compact 4 door, don't need a full size truck. Ford has lost a very good customer. I have had Rangers, Mustangs and Bronco II's that were very good trucks. But after I bought my 99 Ranger brand new and saw all the compact trucks that came out with the 4 doors I was so pissed off!!! I will keep my 99 since it still looks new and is still a great riding truck. Just The usual upkeep which is normal. But next summer I am buying another truck and it won't be a Ford!!!

Straycat

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
The 4 wheel dick brakes are awesome compared to the brakes on my truck.
Is that a new brake system? Just kidding. We know what you meant to say.

I've sat in a new Ranger too. And compared to my 96 Ranger, the layout is the same but the feel of it is worlds apart.

yamaha6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Haahahahah thats so funny. ya, I meant disk brakes:headbang:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think it's only the Sport that has the old FX4 equipment (?). Thought they had done away with any L/S option. The auto has always had about double the towing capacity of a manual. I just don't like how few options you can pick and choise from anymore. Other than that, get one while you can!
Dave - got mine all stock piled.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well the auto has more towing compacity then the manual because thats what they rated it at. With an auto you won't burn a clutch up trying to pull something and not know how to shift. A manual will tow just as much as the auto you just better know how to drive stick with weight attached. And Autos have flex plates not flywheels.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I will not buy another Ranger unless Ford puts out a real 4 door like the Tacoma or the Nissan or even the GMC and Chevy compact trucks that are real 4 doors. You can buy the Ranger out of the country with the 4 doors, just not here in the USA!! What gives with that?? My next truck will be a compact 4 door, don't need a full size truck. Ford has lost a very good customer. I have had Rangers, Mustangs and Bronco II's that were very good trucks. But after I bought my 99 Ranger brand new and saw all the compact trucks that came out with the 4 doors I was so pissed off!!! I will keep my 99 since it still looks new and is still a great riding truck. Just The usual upkeep which is normal. But next summer I am buying another truck and it won't be a Ford!!!

Straycat

I disagree.. if you need 4 doors get a car. Because your using it to haul people more the stuff. I love the 3 door option... I can easily access stuff in the back that I want, you don't put people back there just stuff.

Quartermile

Straycat
They need to bring the diesel over here too

yamaha6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yah that diesel would be awesome over here. Just plunk it right into one of our north american chaises. And how does the starter work in an auto if there is no fly wheel? Is the flex plait kind of the same thing ? Thanx:beer:

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yah that diesel would be awesome over here. Just plunk it right into one of our north american chaises. And how does the starter work in an auto if there is no fly wheel? Is the flex plait kind of the same thing ? Thanx:beer:
Yea the flex-plate has a ring gear on it. Its center radius bolts to the crank, outer radius to torque converter and ring gear around perimeter. :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Simple terms... A flywheel but without being thick and heavy, It has the teeth on the outside but it isn't the density of a brake rotor.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I disagree.. if you need 4 doors get a car. Because your using it to haul people more the stuff. I love the 3 door option... I can easily access stuff in the back that I want, you don't put people back there just stuff.

Nah....if you are going anywhere with anything that you really need then the 4 door option is a plus. If you only use it for off road and no extra stuff and people, then yes...get that single cab and go. I love my extra doors as I need them to put in my gear and groceries and the pets!!! But, to put people back there when you go to the trails and capmsites is a hassle!!!! It is just too cramped. So....Ford....bring a real 4 door Ranger for us in the USA!!!!! I have driven all the other 4 door compact trucks and they are really great. Lots of room without going too big of a truck. Lots of power as well when needed.

Straycat

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got to really love the extra doors on my 4x4 that was/is my Winter DD. Threw all my Winter gear in the back plus tow straps, tie downs/bungie cords. Liked it so much I just picked up a 4x2 with the extra doors.
Dave

Buckeyeman

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I went to the local dealer today to buy/order a 2010 XLT Supercab and the salesman wanted to sell it at m.s.r.p. I looked at him and said is this a limited production vehicle or what. :icon_rofl: Time to visit some different dealers. I can't believe how cocky these dealers are with the economy the way it is today.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals