• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2012 Boss 302!!!

rangerluver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 (412 hp)
Transmission
Automatic
This si a sad trend, dad's sellin all the cool cars before we were born. My dad had a decent laundry list of cars, nothin horribley special but still something a Junior would want to park in the High School parking lot.

The car he had when I was born- we called it a Tonka Jeep.
Thinkin' back about this, dad said he had this Studabaker Lark; said it was nothing special. Until the day he and his dad went the impound and got a Studabaker Avanti that had been crashed. He said it was a supercharged v8 which made his car go upwards of 160. Not bad for a breadbox looking car.

Other than that, Pinto, VW van, eehhh.....nothing much.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well my Dad never had any cool cars, don't know what happened to me. I'm from that era of most of your dads and yes there were some great, fast cars out there. Still none were as fast off the showroom floor as what Ford is putting out today, even the GT. Mid 70's they said performance was dead, boy were they wrong. Found this You Tube of a 2010 Roush that ought to be respected. I think it was 546 HP stock as delievered. Little pulley change and a tune and he's over 600 hp in a very streetable car. Happens to be the same motor combo in mine! I'm not blowing smoke, just been there for a long time.
Dave of the Nord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvBQMd5LYY&feature=related

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I enjoy messing with people like you, I hold my "rustic" Ranger in somewhat the same reguard that many do their fancy show cars. I mean no harm but I do wish I could see their faces when they see a lowly 1980's Ranger parked next to them.

I park in the boonies no matter what though.
Well, that's a bit different if you take pride in your truck. I always seem to get someone who could care less about their vehicle. And then they shoehorn the damn thing in their so I need a can opener to get in my damn car.

I used to love it when someone parked on top of me in my Explorer..... If I had to hit their car to get in my door, so be it.

Maybe there's more careless parking in Utah, which would go right along with most of our drivers.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
My Dad bought a 69 Camaro with a 307 and a Powerglide brand new. My story is similar to 85_Ranger's in that my Dad traded it in when he found out I was on the way. He's kicked himself in the ass for years for getting rid of it...... which is why I've hung on to my Mustang through the birth of 3 kids.

IIRC he paid $3200 for it new. I'll have to ask him again for sure.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mid 70's they said performance was dead, boy were they wrong
In the mid 70's it was dead. All you really had was the cruel joke of a Mustang II with a strangled 302.

My Dad bought a 69 Camaro with a 307 and a Powerglide brand new. My story is similar to 85_Ranger's in that my Dad traded it in when he found out I was on the way. He's kicked himself in the ass for years for getting rid of it...... which is why I've hung on to my Mustang through the birth of 3 kids.

IIRC he paid $3200 for it new. I'll have to ask him again for sure.
Dad's was not by choice at all. He was wanting to get into farming and had the equipment to do so and was custom farming for other people until he got his own ground and could quit turning wrenches. He was paying of the loan on a rather large tractor, and a recession hit. All of the sudden nobody wanted custom work done... and here I came. Nobody wanted to buy the tractor, so he had to sacrifice the car. Eventually somebody took the tractor for what was left on the note.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ZMan
    Forum Staff Member

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals