• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2020 Ranger Supercrew 4X4 2.5 Level Vibration

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
From what I can tell the Tremor package looks to sit pretty much level. Haven't got out and measured one or anything. As far as towing, I've towed my sxs and about 150 stone in the bed to build my fire pit, and the only give in the rear was the factory tires. Once I leveled it and added the 32 in MT tires which I believe are 10 ply I've seen no drop with a heavy load. I think one of the main reasons for the rake is fuel economy. I have noticed a difference in that with the level kit hahaha

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Yeah......my truck would be level. From tools in it.

And still need a lift. And tires...and gears...to get where I need to go.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
From what I can tell the Tremor package looks to sit pretty much level. Haven't got out and measured one or anything. As far as towing, I've towed my sxs and about 150 stone in the bed to build my fire pit, and the only give in the rear was the factory tires. Once I leveled it and added the 32 in MT tires which I believe are 10 ply I've seen no drop with a heavy load. I think one of the main reasons for the rake is fuel economy. I have noticed a difference in that with the level kit hahaha
I saw a tremor a couple weeks ago and it still has rake, not as much as a non-tremor but it's still there. I think I remember reading the tremors are 1" higher in the front so 1.5" or so rake left.

Your hit to mpg was probably more the tires and their weight. I went with 32s as well but they're only 6 ply, they got installed the same time my level was and I only took a 1 mpg hit.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I’m glad the garage is stepping up. It’s only right that they did.

jaystn62

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I am also. Just got a call from the dealership earlier informing me that the parts wouldn't be in until the 24th. Missing my little truck.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I am also. Just got a call from the dealership earlier informing me that the parts wouldn't be in until the 24th. Missing my little truck.
Damn, that's a bummer of a wait.

jaystn62

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry I haven't kept the forum informed. Dealership still has my truck. Received a call Friday morning stating the CV Assy was in and believed to be the right one. They've had my truck over 3 months now waiting on a part. If all goes right I should get it back Tuesday afternoon because of the Labor Day weekend. I was almost ready to take the Ford buy back offer over this. Hopefully this is the end of this nightmare over a replacement part. BTW....I plan on changing wheels and tires. Does anyone know the stock backspacing on my wheels? It states 55mm offset on the specs. I want to put a set of Fuel Blitz 17" 9" width. They offer two offsets. +1 and - or + 12.... not sure. I think I'd be better off knowing the backspacing.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Stock offset is +55 mm. I'd go with the +12 so they aren't sticking out as far and be closer to stock.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
There are a couple of people who have upgraded their wheels on their new Rangers. Hopefully they will see your thread and post on their experience. Looking in the wheel wells of mine, there isn't a lot of room to play with when it comes to suspension clearance. There is a little bit more outboard but not much. You may need to look at upgrading or modifying your bash bars in the front and rear of the front wheel wells. It was either Stage 3 or Ruff Tuff that offered modified bash bars for more tire clearance.

SymChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Lariat
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I was almost ready to take the Ford buy back offer over this. Hopefully this is the end of this nightmare over a replacement part.
They were going to do a buy-back even though it was your mods (well, the aftermarket shop’s) that caused the issue? That’s interesting…

That is a long wait on the part though. It really sucks the supply chains are all messed up.

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
A 2-1/2" lift. Don't point the finger at Ford, it's the aftermarket lift. It increases CV joint angles and universal joint angles beyond the angles with which they were designed to operate. That does things like cause vibrations and premature wear. And the bigger than stock tires and wheels contribute to the issue by adding loads that are above what the stock vehicle experiences.

From what I've read / seen here and elsewhere, anything more than a 2" lift will be an issue, eventually.

Folks have been experiencing issues such as this since.. well.. at least the 70's when jacked up 4x4's became something that was being done with regularity.

Don't get me wrong.. I've been modifying vehicles ever since I got my drivers license back in the 70's. But I've always been aware that it's on me if there is an issue, not the manufacturer of the stock vehicle. But I tend not to modify anything extensively until it's out of warranty.

YMMV

I wonder if Bob Chandler ever took his truck back to the dealership for vibration issues? :not_i:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals