• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3" Suspension and 3" Body Lift 2004 4x4 Edge

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
its easy to spend 6k if your not doing the work yourself. i do all my work myself and i cant imagine what labor on a lift kit is. i got like 10 hrs in my body lift. garages around here charge like 79 bucks an hr. lol

jggtjr- ive been thinkin about doing my own gap guards too. i cant see spending the $ on performance accessory ones when its just pieces of rubber lol

Last edited:

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
No, I observe them, Even in the 63" chevy swap thread you mock it for being a junkyard option. Not everybody has several grand to put into their suspensions and is as elite as yourself.
well if you observe my every move, then you would know that i got my coilovers in exchange for a set of wheel adapters (which i beat the hell out of with 35s and never had problems with) and an old alpine cd player. all at just over a $100 value. im just patient in finding GOOD parts and save up money if i have to. ive seen Deavers go for $100 bucks!

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
well if you observe my every move, then you would know that i got my coilovers in exchange for a set of wheel adapters (which i beat the hell out of with 35s and never had problems with) and an old alpine cd player. all at just over a $100 value. im just patient in finding GOOD parts and save up money if i have to. ive seen Deavers go for $100 bucks!
Then why do you put down inexpensive mods?

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Well I just finished my body lift to go with the suspension lift and thought I would post some pictures. The tires are 33" General Grabber AT2's and I'm really happy with this truck for being 17 years old. Let me know what you think.

*And I have wheel spacers in the mail*

I really like that color..... looks really neat!!!!

Straycat

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
so hes got the truxx keys in there? i was debating them for my 01. i could give two shits less about ball joint wear thats my excuse for a SAS and im hoping it hurrys

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
Then why do you put down inexpensive mods?
i dont put down inexpensive mods, i disapprove of cheap (quality) mods especially when theres better options for close to the same price range!

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
i dont put down inexpensive mods, i disapprove of cheap (quality) mods especially when theres better options for close to the same price range!
But production body lifts and chevy leaf swaps are not bad quality.

jggtjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys...sorry it took me so long to realize my post was re-vitalized. I had posted a thread with an update about a month ago, so here's the link to that

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77357

This should clear up a few questions you guys might be having haha. I will say it now...the experienced people on this forum were completely right! The truck is a bit lower now and I personally think it looks better. Comment on my newer thread so I can put this "upsetting" thread to waste. Thanks everyone! All your help is greatly appreciated by me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals