• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 Bronco leak & wet floors

Mhfco6

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
235/75/15
In my venture to find my water leak, I’ve vacuumed out the cowl and removed the seats. I need to pull the carpet back to find the water but also dry out the carpet. How do I remove the shifter from A4LD?

Attachments

Mhfco6

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
235/75/15
I got the shift knob off by breaking it accidentally. Hope not to break anything else. Still need the selector shaft removed, there is a bracket welded in the shaft for the spring holder and it won’t slide up out of the selector bracket.

Attachments

Mhfco6

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
235/75/15
Well, got the carpet up. Just needed the throw the selector down in 1 and carpet slid up over the selector. In hopes to help others I will keep posting where my water leak is.

Attachments

Mhfco6

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
235/75/15
The passenger side floorboard appears to be worse than drivers side. Although the main floor isn’t rusty when scraping all the way through the glue or tape adhesive. The flooring still appears grey in color but the old adhesive does seems damp. Also appears I have two different front seat brackets. Is this normal?

Attachments

Last edited:

Mhfco6

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
235/75/15
Looks like both driver and passenger side leaks start waayy up under the dash, as stated in most every “how to”. They are small leaks but over the years im guessing absolutely saturated the carpet. Passenger side is more apparent but still a small leak. Driver side is so small you can’t see any water trickling but the metal seem is wet.

So now I have a question. Remove the dash or cowl?

Attachments

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Transmission
Manual
Sometimes the point where the cab rubs the front where it meets the cowl develops a leak, I had this problem and after pulling passenger fender, and blowing all the ancient dirt and debris I treated visible rust in the seam between the cab and cowl with rust reformer, painted it, then parked it on a side hill and poured flex seal stuff w a funnel through the cowl vent until it started to run out of the drain, turned it around and repeated the process (w/o pulling other fender) and then after it dried I poured paint over it all. Seems arduous, but it sealed mine up 4 yrs ago and it lives in wet Tacoma W.A. and no more wet floor.

Awesom-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I would look at the windshield as well. Many develop a leak there ad the adhesive shrinks and cracks with age.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals