• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89 BII

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The track width of the rear is always narrower than the front. I don't know why but every vehicle I've checked is the same.

Top of the fender? front or back? It sounds like back and I would call that a quarter panel [b2] or box side [ranger], but that's just me.

Last edited:

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Had no idea what rolling my fenders meant before earlier today when looked it up after the guy at the parts store told me to do it. I'm not sure if he truly meant for me to roll my fenders. I don't know if the tires are hitting the lip inside the fender, or the actual fender itself. One thing I did notice while driving home: My brother, who is about 100 pounds lighter than me, was in the passenger seat and I didn't hear any fender rubbing on that side. Is my truck trying to tell me I'm fat? :icon_rofl: I'm gonna drive a little bit tomorrow, go down some roads I know there are a few bumps and see if they hit. (I will be about 300 pounds lighter without my brother and the old wheels/tires in the car.) Regardless of whether it rubs or not without the extra weight, I will probably go ahead and try to fix it. I don't want someone to ride with me and my fenders suddenly start barking at me again. :icon_surprised:

Edit:
Just saw your post floored. I'll have to check it out. Still though, the difference wouldn't be as noticeable if they had put the rear covers on. Thanks for the input.

Edit: Edit: (hehe)
I might try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

Last edited:

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The track width of the rear is always narrower than the front. I don't know why but every vehicle I've checked is the same.

Top of the fender? front or back? It sounds like back and I would call that a quarter panel [b2] or box side [ranger], but that's just me.

Not familiar with all of the lingo :dunno: Not sure if it was the front or back, sounded like both. Had to roll the windows up because it was cold. If it was the front driver side then my car if definitely telling me I'm fat :thefinger: I'll get to look at it more tomorrow. Too late today. I'll keep you posted. Have any more ideas of what it could be?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Weak springs. They sag after time, especially the b2's with all the glass they have. Check out the tech section at the top of every page. In there is a section on lifts, and there is a few cheap solutions that you can use to do a temporary fix, or some use them as permanent fixes. For the front you can use washers under the springs to give up to 2" of lift. The rear you could double the blocks [not a great idea but doable], or add a leaf to your spring pack, or use air shocks, or use an "add-a-leaf" - google it.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Weak springs. They sag after time, especially the b2's with all the glass they have. Check out the tech section at the top of every page. In there is a section on lifts, and there is a few cheap solutions that you can use to do a temporary fix, or some use them as permanent fixes. For the front you can use washers under the springs to give up to 2" of lift. The rear you could double the blocks [not a great idea but doable], or add a leaf to your spring pack, or use air shocks, or use an "add-a-leaf" - google it.
I'm not a complete noob :icon_rofl: I know about the different lifts and what-not. I don't have any more money to spend right now. If they are just hitting the lip inside the fender, then I will bend that back. If they are hitting more, then I guess I'll have to think of something else. I'm wanting to do a 2" or 3" body lift when I get the money. You saying the double blocks reminded me of someone. I was on my way to school a few months back, it was early but bright so I could see. Guy in front of me had a huge old model ford, lifted around 10" I would guess. I looked a little closer to see he had about 5 blocks stacked up in the rear :icon_surprised: Gonna lmao when they start shooting out like rockets :icon_rofl:

At some point I wanna do a complete OEM suspension replacement. Not wanting to do a suspension lift any time soon. Would look funny with 29" tires and a 4 inch lift.

I do have one question. With the body lifts on the b2s, what would I need besides the body lift itself? Brake line extensions? Other hose/cable extensions?

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I can't help on body lifts as I've never done one.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ah, OK then. Thanks for other help though. Later on I will try to get some pictures. Happy new years!

Last edited:

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Welp... another update... WARNING: MORE BAD NEWS. Woke up this morning, ready to head out of town (45 minutes away), and I have a flat... Driver rear tire went completely flat over night. In a rush, I got my brother to take me to the gas station to fill up an air tank. Filled the air tank as much as I could with 8 quarters. Got home, filled the tires as much as I could, but decided not to drive it. I would hate for it to go flat while I'm driving. My dad thinks it's the valve stem leaking, he heard a small leak coming from it. So, someone is headed to pick me up right now. Gonna get a valve stem tool later and see what we can do. If that doesn't work then I will give 4WP a call on Monday. Kinda pisses me off, seems like everything I try to do ends up in a pile of shit.

Last edited:

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Another update, this one not so bad. Spent the night at my grandparents last night, came home and took a look at the tire. The valve stem was loose, so we tightened that up. Went to the gas station and filled up the air tank again. Got about 10psi in the tire, gonna fill it up later after the rain stops, then hopefully tomorrow I will wake up and it doesn't look like a pancake.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
on the body lift your thinking about... look on line for prices and buy what you can afford, 2 inch would solve some of your wheel hitting the fender issues. The body lift can be a pain in the ass, typically the bolts are rusted bad and have to be cut off, that's the hardest part of it. all you really need is a good jack, some wood (4x4's) and someone to assist with lining everything up. Replace the bushings when you do the lift with new urethane bushings (you'll damage the factory ones when cutting the bolts off and as old as they are, just replace while your in there). the body lift should come with everything you'll need for it like the steering extension. you shouldn't have to do anything with the brake lines. When I did mine I ordered everything at one time thru James Duff, they were about the same price as everyone else, try the bronco graveyard too.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ok, thanks for the info. Not sure when I will be able to do the body lift though. Will have to wait when I get a few days off of school and I have the money. I'm still surprised the tires even hit the fender. They are 15x8 wheels, do you think that would cause the tires to stick out too far; therefore, hitting the fenders? I'm thinking I will wait until my birthday in February. By that time I will have a few dollars saved up, and I will get money/gifts from family. If I went ahead and did the OEM suspension replacement then I would probably get 1-2" of lift just from the sag of the old suspension. I'm afraid that if I do the body lift I will be lifted too high and my tires will look too small.

Last edited:

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Remember how I said the valve stem was the issue and that we fixed it? I guess we didn't fix it :annoyed: We tightened the old one down but it still lost about half the air in the tire last night. Had to go to work, so I just got home and it was completely flat. Changed out the valve stem core but I don't have any air to put in the tire. Heading to Wal-Mart with my brother in a few minutes, probably get him to stop by the gas station to fill up the air tank again :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

dirtcowboy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Transmission
Automatic
Look at the rubber part of the valve stem that comes out of the wheel. Grab, twist and bend, gently, don't be surprised if you can pull the rubber outer right off the brass stem. Alternately, look inside your valve cap for small obstructions that could cause a slow leak.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Looked at the valve stem, couldn't twist it at all by hand, seemed pretty tight. Looked in the cap and didn't see anything abnormal. I can still hear the leak without the cap on, so I don't think that's the issue. I'm working all day so my grandpa said he would bring it down to 4WP to look at it.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The tire is back on the bronco. 4WP looked at it and it is supposedly fixed. Didn't have time to put it on until this morning. Gonna take it out a little bit today and see if I lose any air. I found out where the tire is rubbing as well. It's on the metal lip inside the fender. I will have to roll that back and hopefully fix the rubbing. It has only rubbed on the driver rear as well and I've only driven it with a couple hundred extra pounds I wouldn't normally have. We will see what happens.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals