• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89 ranger 2.3t problems

BoostCreep89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ive swapped a 85.5 svo motor in my ranger 3 years ago, all stock except 42lbs injectors 3'' leaky homemade downpipe and fmic with 3'' piping, ran perfect for two years... it has sat for about a year until i could trailer it to my new home... in the past month ive put ranger rollar rockers/cam, ebay header(donot recomend), stinger 3'' downpipe 3'' straight exhaust,plugs wire ecu( never put the firewall bung back so rain leaked in) new tfi, new coil, cap n rotor, fuel filter, pcv valve, timing belt and radiator hoses.... truck starts right up, idles smooth then when it warms up if i touch the gas it shuts off... cleaned the iac, have a fuel gauge and pump works but doesnt hold pressure, i do not have a coolant temperature sensor, the tps is from the ranger which ive been meening to change so i can adjust it, and im planning on putting 255lph pump(will a 50galph pump be the same?).... any help on y shes doing me wrong???:icon_confused:

n_grimm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Could check the VAM in case it is stuck. If you take the plastic cover off you should see the lever move. As the gate in the VAM opens and closes, it signals the ecu to go leaner or richer so anything related to that can cause problems. Plus any leaks that allow air to enter the intake without passing thru the turbo and therefore the VAM is a problem. You may have already solved this so just throwing it out there.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals