• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'91 2wd 3.0 Ranger Beater/DD/Wheeler

retrorich77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Got this in a trade for an '04 Impala LS i had purchased for my 'GF. Car was an electrical NIGHTMARE! got offered this ranger, and near $1000 ontop, couldn't pass it up since I had nearly nothing into the Impala.

Picked it up and immediately swapped on some stock 4x4 Ranger Wheels and 235/75/15's i had laying around. I am no stranger to RBV's. Have owned 2 '89 Bronco II XLT's, a '93 Ranger Splash Reg Cab 2wd, and now this. Many others in my family as well.

Pic from the day I acquired it. as it sat. completely square 215/70?/14's, horrible aluminum cap. etc..

The very next morning.. I met up with a fellow ranger owner i had met through craigslist. Picked up a Lear Crown Cap for free off of him. and slapped on the 4wd Wheels i had laying around.

a few days later, I was browsing through Harry's U Pull It in Hazleton PA. (my brother is a Manager there). Found a rolled '93 2wd 2.3 Ranger with most of a Rough Country 4" Lift. Nabbed the Rear Lift, 3" Blocks, U Bolts were nearly new with Nyloc Nuts and whatnot. I chose to retain my original Leafs. the Ranger i removed it from had ONE Leaf spring each side? unsual.

A few other additions, no pictures as such yet. Installed my usual Kenwood Excelon Headunit, also painted the Bumpers/Grille/Light Surrounds etc with Duplicolor Truck Bedliner.

Will be updating as I go, it's going to likely be a slow project... Just finished a Tune-Up on it. Found this.

This is where it sits as of now. Currently DD'ing it and enjoying the hell out of it.

Only future plans are to Lift the Front a tad, 2" Spacers, and likely Rough Country 1.5" Leveling Coils. If i can squeeze 31"s on it I'd be happy as a clam.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals