• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92' 4x4 Ranger

86_LX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992 and 2004
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 5.4 SC
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys I just went and looked at a 1992 4X4 ranger std cab short bed with a 4.0, manual trans, manual transfercase, and factory locking hubs. It has a 3in body lift on it and I looked up under the truck and it looks like it has a factory 2in suspension lift. Is there a special edition this year that this ranger could be? Its a good running and has some flaws in the body but nothing that cant be fixed. I think im going to pick this up this wensday for a daily driver (have a 700hp f-150 Lightning that im driving everyday) and something to play out in the mud with. It also has bushwacker extend-a-flairs and 31x10.50s. Another reason I think it has a 2in suspension lift is because the tires dont come anywhere near the body. The guy wants 1200 for it. Plans are to throw a set of skyjacker leveling coils in the front, rebuild the leaf packs to get rid of the factory blocks, skyjacker nitro shocks, and a set of 31x10.5 TSL's or 31x11.5 LTB's, Planing on painting it a olive drab green with black rock crawlers and linexing around the fenders and lower panels along with the bumpers, reciver hitches front and rear, lockers front and rear. It has 3.55 gears and it felt peppy enough just to drive around and play around with :headbang:

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
you could fit 32s maybe even 33s but that would be close. sounds like a good by tho for the money

86_LX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992 and 2004
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 5.4 SC
Transmission
Manual
Im not sure if I was right about the 2in suspension lift, Id have to see some pics of the axle brackets that bolt to the frame. The brackets on this truck were bolted not riveted not sure if this is factory or not. Its bee awhile since I had my BII but it just seems too tall for just a 3in body lift. I know I could fit some 32's under it and I may just havent made up my mind yet. Just kind of wondering if its something special to have a manual transfer case in this year truck? I dont think Ive ever seen one

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
my 97 is all manual. lock out hubs. transfer case. transmission. everything. and the 2 in lift idk. my truck came with the "4x4 package" which they pretty much thro some 2 in blocks in the rear so the rear sits high.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
ALL 4x4 rangers have blocks in the back
because the springs and spring mounts are the same on 2wd and 4x4

If the brackets for the radius arm and axle pivot bracket on the
crossmember are bolted on then it isn't original

Hell I had someone looking at my supercab and they thought,
because I have a "High Rider" Radius arm bracket that I had
been lying about there being NO supercab high riders

They didn't look past the rivets that hold the "lift" brackets to the
radius arm brackets to see that the lift brackets were bolted to
the frame.

They sure were riveted to the 1989 donor truck I removed them from...

Last year for the Righ Rider package was 1989.
and the highrider was never as much of a "lift" as it
was a geometry correct leveling kit.

In any event I only have the dropped radius arm bracket,
Why you ask? I wanted the additional caster.

Caster makes the truck track straighter.

AD

AD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals