• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 explorer 4x4 project

s10 warrior

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
so happy,im finally getting another ford! selling my Daily driver dodge van to get this explorer, my s10 4x4 project is still a work in progress.

i found it on craigslist for $1300 obo.. i thought it was 2wd, it never said 4x4 in the add. i started walking around it ,then i looked the front wheel and it said "automatic hub" i said "oh hell" looked under it and there was a front axel :thefinger: the lady said " oh yeah , i guess thats what that is ,i dont know.im selling it because the power windows dont work and it has no a/c"

it runs good,body is realy nice, interior is okay , itll need new power window regulators,only the front pass side works.needs new door panels in the front,need head liner and just a good cleaning. it has new tires,shocks,radius arm bushings,recent service. i didnt see how many miles it has, but it runs great and feels like everything suspension / steering wise is nice and tight..
the key ignition feels a little sloppy but it works. id be the 3rd owner.

my plan is to use it as a DD , fix the power windows,install a radio ,do some interior work.

oh, the fuel gauge dont work, it reads empty,the power windows dont work except for the front pass side, the rest of them show no signs of life, the power mirrors dont work, and some of the dash lights dont work. she told me it needs a fuse for the fuel gauge to work, but im planning for worse case ,replace the fuel sending unit. a/c blows but its not cold.

not bad for $1300 ,,theres a 4in lift kit for sale locally for $300 , think ill buy it and install it once i get my s10 on the road.

sad thing is, ill be selling it in march when i move :bawling: not bad for a temporary DD tho

s10 warrior

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i picked up tonite.. i was counting pennies to get it.. lol ,, so she's sitting for a week till i can get the money to transfer the title and put gas in it.. just had enough to buy it and drive it home and park it :yahoo:

cowl vent needs repaired,hood rubs on it.. other than that is pretty nice.

got an electrical problem,the power mirriors dont work,only the front pass window works,,none of the other motors work. fuel gauge reads empty..
the previous owner said it needed a fuse for the fuel gauge,so im hoping thats what it realy is.

interior pics tomorrow !

2813josh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6,4.0
Transmission
Manual
Sweet. I just picked up a clean 92' for 750 :yahoo: I'll have to post some pics

s10 warrior

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

head liner is ugly.2 front door panels are busted.. rear door panels are okay.

rear driver side door handle is broken,so it wont open from the out side.
power window motor works,just dont move the window..guess the gears are worn out.

rear passenger door handle on the inside is broken.the child saftey lock was on,so the previous owner broken it trying to open it. same thing with the window,motor works,just dont go up or down.

speaker is gone,whole power window assembly is gone.. the window is held up by screws.the switch board is in sad shape.door dont open from the out side,or lock with the key,the lock mechanism that catches the striker bolt is broken..

rear wiper arm was put on wrong,when you hit the button it stops in the wrong place,so you cant open the glass hatch. need to pop it off and reposition it . also dont have a key for the rear hatch.

power mirrors / power seats dont work due to missing 60amp fuse.power locks dont work due to blown fuse.

fuel gauge still reads empty after i gassed up,i thought the float probably sunk,so i bounced on the bumper to see if it would move,it didnt.
but the thing is , when i turn the key, i swear the fuel gauge needle moves further towards the E mark. also have some burned out gauge cluster lights,so maybe the fuel gauge is bad?

gonna go to the junkyard one day this week and get some parts. pretty sure i can get everything i need from the junkyard.

s10 warrior

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
forgot to mention, it was converted to R134A ... sadly it dont blow cold air though. hopefully it just needs a recharge.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals