• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 4.0 OHV rear oil and coolant leak

Cannisseur

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry if this is in another thread somewhere but ive been searching for an hour and havent found anything so here goes.

I have a 94 Mazda B4000 LE 4x4. a couple of weeks ago i had a severe coolant leak from my lower intake manifold gasket. I did a full replacement with the new 2-piece felpro gaskets. during the replacement i found a cracked fuel injector,after replacing the 1 injector as well as the fuel rail and upper intake gasket, It was running rough so i replaced the rest of the injectors and new upper gaskets(again). the truck seemed to be running fine yesterday, although it would jerk softly forward once i came to a stop and when i got home from work it was leaking coolant and oil from somewhere on the rear of the engine and down the trans. Not a crazy pouring leak but a steady drip. I fired it up today and after it warmed up it leaked a little oil but no coolant. I also think i hear a knock or something from the bottom of the engine/trans bell housing area.
I am not sure what to do next, if anyone from sacramento knows these 4.0s and wants to make some cash i could use some help....

Cannisseur

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
seems to leak from the seal between the engine and trans but its hard to tell
Any ideas or methods for narrowing my search would be helpful

Last edited:

Brandon Nootenboom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Maybe the rear main seal? I put one in my 97 Ranger when I did my clutch job at 230k, it was about to let go. It's the seal that seals the end of the crank shaft. If it's dripping down from the back of the engine between the transmission bellhousing that could very well be it

Brandon Nootenboom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
At least the oil part, coolant could maybe be from a head or the back of the intake again?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals