• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 ranger with 93 frame. 4.0 won't fit

funinthemud

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok just like it says. the motor mounts are different and further apart on the frame. i thing the 98 they are almost 18" apart and on the 93 they are about 16" apart and one sits higher than the other. i was reading another thread and it said to change out the brackets on the motor. but i don't thenk they were doing the same swap as i was. check out my sig the build is there if you have any questions about what all i have.

thanks guys

funinthemud

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i tried the motor mounts off an old 2.9 i had layin in the garage, and not only did they work but there were holes in the block for those mounts. all i did was run a tap in to clean the rust out of the holes. :yahoo:

wvcat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome, I saw your post earlier and wondered what the solution was. I've thought about doing what your doing and putting a newer body on an older frame so you could lift it cheap.

funinthemud

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so far my biggest hurdle is the gas tank. the 98 up will not fit very well and the 97 one i bought has a completely different sending unit. so i'm modifyin the frame for the 98 tank. it looks the easier than making 8 wires fit 3

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals