• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 Ranger with throttle control issues !!

RonSerling

Reaction score
High in the mountains of San Bernardino National F
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
ummmmm 4" could be 6 but its a TTB and the little bugger varies from time to time !! LOL
Tire Size
33/12.5 15
Good day all, I have a 99 Ranger 4.0 with a 5spd manual that is giving me issues. First of all the issue is that when you start it up it has a terrible idle and then when you open the throttle it stutters a bit before starting to rev up. When you let off the throttle it comes back down and stumbles and then it will die. So we had a check engine lite on and got a diag on it and it said MAF was bad. We replaced it with no change except the chek engine light is now off. I talked to a pretty reliable mechanic and he said try replacing the throttle positioning sensor. We did and no change still. We checked every single vacuum hose we could find for leaks and none there. Last thing I can think may be the throttle body but in researching them I have not been able to find either a new or rebuilt one. Closest I came was Rock Auto telling me to send mine in and they rebuild them and send them back. !! So I was hoping maybe someone might have some ideas or suggestions before I go and do that. As always any help with this issue is always appreciated. Thanks

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
Get a vacuum gage, don't guess whether or not you have a vacuum leak. Right now you are guessing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals