• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ABS Sensor

jwp9844

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have the 5-10 mph Abs problem. It is 4WABS. No lite on. The speedo has been..working,then not working for some time. I changed the rear sensor. Didn,t do much. The speedo does seem to work more often than it used to. I'm trying to avoid the front sensors as much as I can and check all else that could be a problem. Heres my thing. If the rear end fluid was dirty, would that maybe be a problem that I should look at. The fluid was changed about 5k ago. First time in 100K Miles. I'm thinking this may be a start. I don't want to screw with the front till I have to.

Xanthos2008

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well the issue is the same that I had. I researched for 2 months and found the answer. It is for sure one of your front abs sensors. Mine ended up being the driver side. I had no abs errors either. I was able to get the sensors out and clean them but if you break the sensor at least on a 99 then you have to replace the hubs which are about $150 bucks the sensor alone is $120 so its easier to replace the whole hub than the sensor. The reason my sensor came out easier than normal i guess is because my hubs are only a year old

jwp9844

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thats what I figured but I thought I'd throw the rear end thing out there. How did you know your'es was the driver side? I don't think mine will come out after 105K miles. I know they won't. So if I can't pin point it I'll have to change both hubs, which I should do anyway I quess. But I don't want to.Thanks Much.

Xanthos2008

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well I guess it was a guess. I took the driver side out. It did have some kind of a sludge buildup on it. I cleaned it off with electrical contact cleaner put it back on and the problem stopped. I guess I got lucky cause if it didnt stop I was going to take the passenger side off but didnt have to.

jwp9844

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I think for the small differants in the price between the sensor and the hub, I'll change both hubs. If I where to buy just one and guess, I would be wrong. I know me. Thanks.

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey if u just yank the abs sensors will the brakes work normaly with out anti lock'n? how bout the speedo? is it too affected?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals