• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Advise for installing a body lift

SOAD4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
well... this probably won't explode.
So I have a couple days off and I thought I'd finally get around to installing my 3 in body lift kit on my truck (I've had the kit a couple years now). So I started following the instructions and it seems like every single thing it asked me to do in the prep stage ending up being much more of a hassle than It should have been

However after reading through the instructions and both guides in the tech articles, I feel more confused than ever.

Are there steps I can ignore and be okay? (I.e. I've heard that the drive shaft extender isn't nessessary). And on the flip side, What should I be most concerned about messing up?

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just put one on my 03 and had very little issues with the performance accessory kit from summit. The biggest part I really needed help with was taking off the 4 bolts inside the cab because of the loctite ford used from the factory, and It was a big help to have an extra set of eyes on the brake lines when I picked the cab up with the lift at the car dealer I had access to. Other than that we had it installed in about 6 hours and half of that was getting to all the small stuff like grounds and the steering shaft extender.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals