• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Alignment for Tube/Factory Doors

the_blue_phantom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, gonna be putting some tube doors on in the next few weeks. My issue is that I want to be able to switch back and forth between my tube doors for the trail and my factory doors for when its rainy and cold. I have manual doors, so there are no issues with lots of wires and stuff. I'm planning on removing the center pin from the hinge and replace it with a removable one. i.e. pull the pin out and separate the hinge, then put the door of my choice up to it and put the pin back in. My question is, has anyone done this in this fashion and had any alignment issues with their factory doors when they put them back on? I just don't want to take my factory doors off and not be able to get them back on again!

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Mine on my 88 come off but I did not mess with the pun. I was worried about the bushing being lost and broke after several times the door had been on and off. I made a set of half doors for my ranger from a set of doors from a bronco II. I simply just use the top bolt for the door and both sets and just loosen them up when I take them off. I took the hinge and cut the top bolt hole into a "U" so the door bolt slides over the hinge and will just hang there when the bolt is not tight. I then snug the bolt up and close the door being able to move the door around when it is shut to adjust it properly. Once I feel the door is set where I want it I open it back up and tighten the bolts.

F8LBITE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Is it possible to drill an 1/8"-3/16" hole through the hinges and into the door? So that way when you were to bolt the door back up you just stick a drill bit into the hole to line it back up? Just a thought.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Talk to slovo, he has done something like this before.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

-irwin-

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
where are you getting the tube doors from or are you fabing them?

the_blue_phantom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, talked to slovo and he was loads of help, think I'm gonna do what he did. It looks like it works great.

And nah, fabbing them.

RangerDan99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 liter V6
Transmission
Manual
if you could could you please PM me and send me what slovo said im doing the same thing in a week found a really cheap place to get steel

7.3dieselranger

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3l idi diesel
Transmission
Automatic
i did the pin i idea on mine and it worked great i just found a pin that was just larger then the factory pin in the hinge, drilled my hinge out to the pins dim and it was a snug fit had to have the pins greased to slide them in and never had an alignment issue, i am going to do it with my new doors cause my last ones got used as a sled to get it out of the trails when i ripped a knuckle off and forgot to pull the hinges when i scrapped the doors, i like to be able to remove mine cause mny radiator is in the back of the cab and it can start out really cold in the morning and ten have to remove the doors and end up in a t shirt in 50 degree weather

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals