• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Almost definitely getting a Focus

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
It's a 2007 zx3 S model 5 speed, 2.0 duratec with 80k on the clock. I drove it last weekend and it's flawless plus fun to drive. I found one light scratch that will buff out, one rock chip in the hood, and (totally blanking on the parts name) the plastic above the hood (where the wipers are:icon_confused:) is starting to fade a little, that's it. I swear the interior still has the new car smell. It'll be getting sold in mid jan. for $5000 and I want it. 34mpg in the mtns and cold blowing ac for these HOT summers is hard to beat. Not to mention it's the same color as my ranger is:icon_thumby:

Anywayz what do you guys think? Any known problems to check for immediately? Love 'em, Hate em? I know next to nothing about focus's, foci, focuses or whatever the plural is. I know to avoid the 00-02ish one's but other than that I'm a newb. Anybody know any good forums like TRS for them? I found focus fanatics but I'm hoping there's one with a tech section like ours rather than spending forever hunting through the site and search function and getting flamed for newb questions lol

Hit me up with some thoughts, opinions, and information!

Cowl:annoyed: the cowl is faded

Last edited:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had one of these an 01 and really loved it lowered it and it handled really nice.One thing to check though is the insurance rates a lot of my gas savings went to the insurance company.

shovelmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've got my wife driving basically the same car, bought new, 51,000 mi. no issues at all.

Last edited:

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I approve of this thread

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've got my wife driving basically the same car, but a 3 dr. , bought new, 51,000 mi. no issues at all.
THe OP IS talking about a 3 door
zx3 = 3 door hatch
zx4 = 4 door sedan
zx5 = 5 door hatch

Last edited:

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Yeah it's the 3 door (2 door hatchback). I intend to just drive it so I can work on the ranger (future 4x4 convert project since the bodys a little beat lol) the only things I can see changing on the car are I want some aluminum wheels, even stockers will do I hate steelies on a car, well more hubcaps lol. The tires are new on it so it may be awhile. Gotta find out how hard it will be to come across a console with an armrest and how hard it'll be to change out (Totally different console design? or just pull off the piece and slap the new one in?) Maybe lower it a little for fun, it's already got a glass pack on it which is ehhhh but at least it doesn't sound like a "coffee can" civic. And it'll most likely get a CAI since its got that stupid 80k filter assembly crap. I gotta see how hard it would be to use pieces from it to make my own cheapy. Don't wanna kill torque with a short ram.

Thanks, Disciplerocks I went all through your build! I love your car. I honestly HATE 90% of the 4banger cars out there somebody does something to them to make it look/sound obnoxious. Yours is in the 10% that is just badass. Outta curiosity does it get anything resembling mileage anymore?

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between 00-05 and 06-07 besides the engines as to why they list suspensions differently? Like why a FRPP SVT suspension wouldn't fit mine. (drove an 04' and it handled like a roller coaster!) I'm getting more excited the closer it gets:icon_bounceblue: I just gotta remember to get the ranger where I want it before I fall into the tuner world which I don't wanna do til at least it's paid off in 3yrs

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, Disciplerocks I went all through your build! I love your car. I honestly HATE 90% of the 4banger cars out there somebody does something to them to make it look/sound obnoxious. Yours is in the 10% that is just badass. Outta curiosity does it get anything resembling mileage anymore?
Thanks. I haven't updated it in a while, its parked for winter. And its still better on gas than the B2.

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between 00-05 and 06-07 besides the engines as to why they list suspensions differently? Like why a FRPP SVT suspension wouldn't fit mine. (drove an 04' and it handled like a roller coaster!) I'm getting more excited the closer it gets:icon_bounceblue: I just gotta remember to get the ranger where I want it before I fall into the tuner world which I don't wanna do til at least it's paid off in 3yrs
06-07 have a different knuckle/strut assembly. Its larger so the earlier struts wont fit, but you can buy the Omni kit from Massive and make them fit.

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Thats kinda impressive lol. Thanks for the info on the difference. I think I'm liking the "snowflake" style stock wheels painted dark, dark grey. I already know I want a cai to get rid of the 100k air filter on it too. This is baddddd.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Transmission
Manual
When I tore up the rear end of my B2 last year I picked up a 2001 4 door from a family friend. It had or has 20x,xxx miles on it. Put in a new clutch ( which was a pita to do) and I still love the car. 33mpg around town when I pay attention to what I'm doing and I've gotten low 40's highway driving. I see more and more of them on the road, I've had it for a year and no major troubles...still chasing down a " engine running rich" idiot light though...

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
When I tore up the rear end of my B2 last year I picked up a 2001 4 door from a family friend. It had or has 20x,xxx miles on it. Put in a new clutch ( which was a pita to do) and I still love the car. 33mpg around town when I pay attention to what I'm doing and I've gotten low 40's highway driving. I see more and more of them on the road, I've had it for a year and no major troubles...still chasing down a " engine running rich" idiot light though...
Mine did that. It was the fuel pump relay. Swapped it with my high beam relay and fixed it.

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Little bros getting excited. He apparently found his dream truck at the stealership yesterday and is freaking out to get it because he thinks it will disappear before on him lol. So it's looking like I may have the focus before christmas. If everything goes according to his plan. He'll be bringing it to me either tomorrow or friday. Admittedly I'm getting a little excited too. It'll be the first time since '06 I've had anything less than 10years old.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a 2012 5 door in May and did a 5400 mile road trip WA MT CO TX AZ CA WA my average was 36mpg and alot of mountain passes. The 2.0 is pushing 170 hp and the six speed auto you have to watch the tach to know when it shifts. The nice part is it shifts like a manual if you want less the clutch. 5 1/2 more years and shes mine!

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Should be getting it this Wednesday if everything goes according to plan!

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Blam! 'bout to leave to sign the title for the focus. Pretty stoked. On the same note on the last day I'll be driving the ranger for a while (today) I just got pulled over for expired registration on the way home from costco:annoyed: Definitely dead tag (8 months:shok:) so I deserved it but really? really? but at least the cop was cool especially after I had to inform him that 92's aren't required to have a third brake light, he thought my cargo light was an aftermarket clear cover (which would be really gay on the ranger:icon_rofl:) but it's all good I guess I'm off to focusdom:yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals