• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

and you call yourself a ford guy!

fili450r

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
however if a guy buys 2 or 3 fords, has lots of problems then buys a chev and it works great(not that it would ever happen) he'd be inclined to think chevs are better.
there is a problem here, because it has happened to me. my ranger has had nothing but problems, while my old jimmy sits rock solid.

by no means am i "brand loyal". but when i go "window shopping" (just for fun alot) i will normally go to a GM place first. i just like the looks and my father has always owned a chevy, so it just comes natural. then i will go to a ford place, i rarely go to a dodge place though.

as for chevy guys being "dicks" i find that its only the vette owners....

my father just bought a '94 mustang cobra, we have a '69 Cobra 427 replica in the barn, we have a honda powered dune buggy, two vw powered dune buggies, my ranger, my jimmy and a yukon. so we kinda have a variety of things.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there is a problem here, because it has happened to me. my ranger has had nothing but problems, while my old jimmy sits rock solid.

by no means am i "brand loyal". but when i go "window shopping" (just for fun alot) i will normally go to a GM place first. i just like the looks and my father has always owned a chevy, so it just comes natural. then i will go to a ford place, i rarely go to a dodge place though.

as for chevy guys being "dicks" i find that its only the vette owners....

my father just bought a '94 mustang cobra, we have a '69 Cobra 427 replica in the barn, we have a honda powered dune buggy, two vw powered dune buggies, my ranger, my jimmy and a yukon. so we kinda have a variety of things.
interesting enough. i havent owned vehicles enough to decide what i really like but for now im stickin with ford.
i've met way too many ignorant dickheads who think chevy is the way to go to agree that corvette owners are the only dicks. most of the chev fans i know have s10's. and they are all shitheads.
they think that because their 4.3 200 horse v6's can just barely out accelerate my stock 2.9 140 horse v6 thats something to brag about.
pisses me off. they have over a liter displacement advantage and thats a fair race.
idiots.

also, im gonna have to look into tha ford bailout thing, cause im sure i've heard that before. im gonna have to check it.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I have driven Chevy, Dodge, Honda and Ford. I bought the Chevy bc the price was right and that is it. I had a 87 CRX and loved it. I have had a LTD, 4.9 F-150 and now my Ranger. I loved my Durango as well but the 5.9 V8 was killing my wallet hince why I traded it in.

My dad has had several Ford truck and currently drives a 97 F-350 with a 7.2(I think)Navistar.

So I guess you could say I am brand loyal to Ford. Now I will buy nothing but Ford.

Save the RBV!

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have driven Chevy, Dodge, Honda and Ford. I bought the Chevy bc the price was right and that is it. I had a 87 CRX and loved it. I have had a LTD, 4.9 F-150 and now my Ranger. I loved my Durango as well but the 5.9 V8 was killing my wallet hince why I traded it in.

My dad has had several Ford truck and currently drives a 97 F-350 with a 7.2(I think)Navistar.

So I guess you could say I am brand loyal to Ford. Now I will buy nothing but Ford.

Save the RBV!
that would be a 7.3
ok found a little about ford bailout in 06
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/10/ford-bailout-money-unnece_n_149824.html

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Ford received a bailout while G.W. Bush was in office. I am unsure of the year though.

I will still only buy Ford though.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
But Ford set up $23.5 billion worth of credit in 2006, and both Chief Executive Alan Mulally and Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr. told The Associated Press on Tuesday they are confident that the borrowing, coupled with restructuring and new product plans, will get them through the recession without relying on the government.
I think they were right.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I am also brand loyal on my motorcycle too. CBR FOR LIFE! Ride Red.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
lol, i am brand loyal when it comes to bikes/quads....ride red or dont ride for me! :thefinger:
CBR's are built not bought like the R6, R1, GSXR, Hayabusa and the Kawi crap. :thefinger:

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
im gonna forget you mentioned that.
and relay you to this dommercial...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHXfV1p7KU8
i know it chevy but its funny
Yes it is funny but Chevy does not make motorcylces that I can recall. Honda is HUGE on the TT circuit. The Isle of Man TT the top 5 where all CBR's. Ride Red or Go Home.

On another forum I frequent, one of the members brought up this very important observation 'A Harley owner once said to me that I can stop in any motor parts store in any state and fix my bike.' His response 'At least my bike will make it to my destination without breaking down.' Eat it Harley owners. :thefinger:

souldoubt88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I dont think I would call that a bailout per se.....
It has been able to survive because Alan Mulally, the chief executive, secured $23 billion in commercial loans in 2006 in return for securitising all of Ford's assets, even including the blue logo that sits on the front of its vehicles.
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/engineering/article5611933.ece#
thats a commercial loan not a gov't bailout.
They also got some money (5 billion i think) from the DOE, but that was also a loan and Nissan got some too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals