• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another Backspacing Q

92MiniMonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Well i did the search and couldnt find my old thread. I know i would want 3.75 backspacing for 33x12.50's, but since my truck is not my DD anymore, im thinking 35x12.50's. I want to go big, the truck wont be driven that much, so i figured what the hell. Anyway, since i want to go 35x12.50's, would my backspacing still need to be 3.75 or will it need to be less. I know theyre the same width theoretically, but im wondering if for any reason since its a taller tire, will it encounter anything that sticks out that i wouldnt encounter with 33's? By the way, its a 1992 reg cab long bed with 4" suspension and 3" BL. I want the tires to go on a set of 15x10 inch wheels. Thanks guys.

organic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
With 15x10 inch wheels I would go with 4" to 4.5" backspacing. It will be alot less stress on the wheel bearings. You could still go with the 3.75" but you'll probably eat up your bearings faster. 3.75" is good for 15x8 inch wheels. Plus the size tires you want to run can still be mounted on a 8" wide rim.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals