• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another FNG

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Another guy from Central IL

I just got another 4x4 project this is my second 4x4 ranger and 5th or 6th ranger I have a Jeep also lifted but I wanted another lifted Ranger and I came across this Stx it's a 94 3.0 5 spd needs a little minor repairs nothing major. I got my 6 inch superlift ordered the other day for it I'm going to run 33 12.50 15's on it for now figured I would join for help and advice on a few things

First day home 2/24/10

That night it lost a little figure

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like you found a nice clean one! welcome!

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks she is but I got the top half of motor torn down for stupid manifold gaskets snapped a few bolts off fml truck runs good shifts good can't wait for lift and lockout hubs so I can install my rims and tires

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks she is but I got the top half of motor torn down for stupid manifold gaskets snapped a few bolts off fml truck runs good shifts good can't wait for lift and lockout hubs so I can install my rims and tires
Damn man, i went through the same thing last week with my exhaust, a torch and some patience and vicegrips are your best friend, and if you got nothing to grab onto, a good drill and a punch, i feel your pain! I'm tearing my truck apart tommorow and starting on my first suspension lift (4" superlift) doused all the bolts in pb-blaster ahead of time hopefully will make my life a little easier. :icon_thumby:

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Damn man, i went through the same thing last week with my exhaust, a torch and some patience and vicegrips are your best friend, and if you got nothing to grab onto, a good drill and a punch, i feel your pain! I'm tearing my truck apart tommorow and starting on my first suspension lift (4" superlift) doused all the bolts in pb-blaster ahead of time hopefully will make my life a little easier. :icon_thumby:
Ya I'm soaking the suspension bolts until the lift shows up I just got the heads off torch and welder are going to be my friend :icon_welder: I think it would have been easier to pull the motor out lol but hopefully it will be back together this week :3gears:

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
sounds good man, good luck!

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks I will need it since nothing is going right so far lol
I know what you mean. I started my superlift today, tearing the suspension down. I broke the end of the sway bar link off, oh well, I couldnt get the upper control arm off so i just left it on the old knuckle, need new ones anyways. I couldnt get the shock nut off so i just cut it, but i'm ordering new ones. So nothing too bad, i just got to get a set of allan wrench socket thingies to take off my homemade, rethreaded torsion bar bolt, haha. But other than that, pretty uneventful, going to start on the otherside tommorow! :icon_hornsup: spring break!!!!!!!!!!!!

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know what you mean. I started my superlift today, tearing the suspension down. I broke the end of the sway bar link off, oh well, I couldnt get the upper control arm off so i just left it on the old knuckle, need new ones anyways. I couldnt get the shock nut off so i just cut it, but i'm ordering new ones. So nothing too bad, i just got to get a set of allan wrench socket thingies to take off my homemade, rethreaded torsion bar bolt, haha. But other than that, pretty uneventful, going to start on the otherside tommorow! :icon_hornsup: spring break!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see :icon_welder: and a few :beer: involved in the build of this truck

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
I see :icon_welder: and a few :beer: involved in the build of this truck
haha, oh yea, cept its only gonna be mt dew and LOTS of water for me. I'm just a youngster. age 18. :icon_rofl: Gotta get me some more propane tommorow, keep the garage warm.

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
haha, oh yea, cept its only gonna be mt dew and LOTS of water for me. I'm just a youngster. age 18. :icon_rofl: Gotta get me some more propane tommorow, keep the garage warm.
:icon_rofl: I hear ya I ran a gas heater in the garage so it's just turn the heat on good luck with your truck I'm off to fix my heads tomorrow and hopefully get it running and then play the waiting game for lift

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_rofl: I hear ya I ran a gas heater in the garage so it's just turn the heat on good luck with your truck I'm off to fix my heads tomorrow and hopefully get it running and then play the waiting game for lift
Sounds good, have fun with that! I'm hoping to get the truck mostly torn down tommorow after i get back from the dentist :bawling: haha

Coyote

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know what you mean. I started my superlift today, tearing the suspension down. I broke the end of the sway bar link off, oh well, I couldnt get the upper control arm off so i just left it on the old knuckle, need new ones anyways. I couldnt get the shock nut off so i just cut it, but i'm ordering new ones.
That is what an impact wrench is for. The vibration helps to loosen things. If you need to use a wrench, use other hand or a friend to hit with a ball peen to create a vibration....:icon_bounceblue:

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
That is what an impact wrench is for. The vibration helps to loosen things. If you need to use a wrench, use other hand or a friend to hit with a ball peen to create a vibration....:icon_bounceblue:
Tried an impact on the things I could, don't care about most of the old shit so I just cut alot of it off instead of wasting my time trying to get the nut off. I have been around this block before, man :icon_twisted:

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds good, have fun with that! I'm hoping to get the truck mostly torn down tommorow after i get back from the dentist :bawling: haha
Well i got the heads and lower intake on tonight
Tomorrow is timing and upper intake and fix the passenger manifold big detour on price I spent all the lockout money on gaskets and oil and other BS but still waiting on the lift so it's :icon_idea:and :icon_cheers:but with one of these man :icon_pepsi:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals