• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

any interest in Dana 50 traction beam parts?

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i've got a couple sets of D50 traction beams out of 250's and 350's. I really dont have a use for them. there complete to the lockouts. Are they d60 parts from the spindles out? Can they be swapped onto d35 beams? they all have 4.11's in them and open carriers. I would be willing to part with them or i might just scrap them all. What can be done with them?

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
Really they are pretty much junk to most people. You are correct, the outers are Dana 60 spec. I was actually thinking up trying to mate D50 parts into a D35. I know you can swap the D44 TTB stuff onto the D35 but you are also able to put D50 stuff into the D44. Where all the differences are I'm not sure just yet until I pull everything apart. Aside from toying with some custom stuff they aren't really worth anything unless you are grenading D50 parts under a fullsize.

Matt

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
I wouldn't scrap them, there are a lot of older fords out on the road. You may have some interest in them. I would post them up on craigslist in your area. It's free.

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
since the nuckles out are D60 spec i may just keep the nuckles and trash the beams themselves. I could always use D60 outers and spindles. are the Outer stubs the same? I plan on putting a D60 up front of my trail rig. so i could use the D50 beam spindles on the 60 if i need to correct? i got these all from fullsize fords with blown center sections and what not. ! has a crack in the beam. We replace them with junkyard units at the dealership. so i keep the spare stuff.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
How much would you be asking for a 4.11 Diff center section with the center joint?

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
um, not alot.......all the center sections i have had a problem thats why i take them out at the dealership. I have a good case and a good carrier. the gearset is junked tho. something was floating around in there and jammed between the ring and pinion chipping off 2 teeth. the center joint is finetho......idk i would take like 25$ plus shipping for it, you would need to get a gearset for it tho.

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
Yes the D5O outers are the same as a D60, hubs too. The TTB knuckles won't be D50 spec if I recall but the spindle, bearings, outer stub and hub are all the same. After looking at the stuff I have the shafts are all D60 spec until you get to the carrier, the shafts neck down to D44 size.

Matt

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
im just gona keep the good stuff.....the D60 parts and boot the beams.D60 parts are always good to have. toss the knuckles and the beams, keep the 1 ton brakes and the spindles bearings/hubs rotors. Im in the process of getting an 88 2.9 ranger 4x4 with beams.......thinkin about swapin in the D50 for the hell of it with a 60 rear. prolly coilspring it in the front with custom radius arms. just for the hell of it to be different

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals