• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Any suggestions on some good offroading lights for my ranger!!!

MrBison700

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ltr V6
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1995 ford ranger. i already got the 31" tires i want to make it a little more beefy and off road like. I want to put some nice cheap-ish lights on it. ANY SUGGESTIONS!?!?!?!?!?!:eek:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Yes. I bought my KC lights on Ebay with the covers a few years ago for $90 with shipping. They are 150 watts and they came with the wire harness and switch set up.....and you can see great off road with them!!! You don't have to buy KC..but Ebay has some great lights at great prices. Search '6 inch off road lights' and you will see some great stuff for great prices. I am going to buy some slim lines next week. I am getting the black ones and not going with the chrome ones this time. I just had a light bar built for my truck and I need to add some tabs to get it mounted real soon. Got to show it off!!! I'll post photos when I get it mounted up with the new lights.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Just go down to oriellys or even walmart, they have lots of light kits for cheap that come with relays, wiring and connectors. They come in square or round usually 55 to 100 watt and less than 30 bucks.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
Just go down to oriellys or even walmart, they have lots of light kits for cheap that come with relays, wiring and connectors. They come in square or round usually 55 to 100 watt and less than 30 bucks.
yea they got some pretty cheap lights at walmart some times. i look at advance auto and some times they have lights on sale. both walmart and advance have a kc look alike light for 20 each there 100 watt and made by rally, ive never used them but they look almost like my kc's but with a different bulb.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I personally like KC's got 8 of them on my truck and have 4 more going on pretty soon. I tried a few sets of the cheapies and the light output was ok but not like the KC's and unless you go with the round ones that are look alikes, I think the lights look tacky if they are cheap walmart brands.

8879ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
on my bronco II im running a set of hella round driving lights, they look really good...makes the truck look more "alert and awake" I think. I was running a set of $18 fog lights from wal-mart, the plain rectangle ones with no guards or anything. On my pick-up im running a set of the rectangle "ralley" lights with plastic "guards" on them, they look cool and only cost like $20 at wal-mart and like $22 at advance auto parts. I have also ran a set of big round KC look-a-likes from advance auto parts, they were black with the "guards" on them ond were cool

bduke23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What about the Lightforce lights from the website here? They come in 100 and 130 Watt, and start out pretty inexpensive. I haven't tried them, but those are the ones I plan on getting when I finally get around the getting a pre runner bar or something for my truck.

wakingtowinter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've heard good things about Light Force lights but they are one of the more expensive brands out there. If I was looking for a cheap set of good quality lights I'd try to get a pair of Hella 500s on sale at Walmart or something. You can easily find a pair for around $30 or $40

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
What about the Lightforce lights from the website here? They come in 100 and 130 Watt, and start out pretty inexpensive. I haven't tried them, but those are the ones I plan on getting when I finally get around the getting a pre runner bar or something for my truck.
Lightforce...inexpensive? :icon_rofl:

They start out around 200 bucks and go up to 400 (atleast in AK) I got 4-8 KC's for that price with durable metalhousings.

I like the idea of lightforces and they are quite popular but I've seen them break of from vibrations or people leaning on them. I saw a set explode when a guys truck rolled into park and touched a wall. The ability to adjust from spot lights to wide beam is nice though.

ap3x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I got pro comp explorer 100 watt 6x9's and they friggen rock! They're on my roll bar though. Probably too bulky for a bumper.

bduke23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My bad... What I was really trying to type was Eagle Eye :dunno:

Clay Lorance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I have a pair of the Hella 500 Rallyes on my Ranger they work great and they weren't but about sixty bucks at the local Wal-Mart. You can see them on in my avatar pic. Just my $.02.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals