• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone else having problems finding a lower radiator hose?

Geeshik

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can't find one for my '93 3.0 4x4 stick shift anywhere. The parts stores list one, i bought it and tried it, but it doesn't clear the steering gearbox and the belt. The hose i have works, but is original and it's pretty dry rotted. I was flushing and replacing my coolant and I want to replace it while the system is open, but I am beginning to understand why it probably wasn't replaced before. The upper radiator hose looks new. Should I just fork over the cash and see if i can get one at the stealership?

michowski

Reaction score
If its looking dry rotted I would replace it. The cooling sytem is under pressure and last thing you want is the hose to spring a leak and then you overheat your engine. I would replace it now before it becomes a problem.

Geeshik

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I ordered one from another part store and we'll see if it is right. It should come in tomorrow morning.

Geeshik

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's wrong too. I went to the dealer and got a number, but they didn't have it, and i can't find a photo of it anywhere online. The lower hose # for a 93 Ranger 4x4 with a 3.0 and a manual transmission is: F3TZ-8286-B There is a Motorcraft # KM-2408 also. Does anyone know what these look like??? The dealer said that they should be able to get one, but i don't want to keep ordering the wrong hose. i just want to see a photo of it.

Geeshik

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Okay, so i cleaned the hose up really good with silicone, and there is an F37A-86273-GA printed on the hose. The only number that is not clear is the 8^273. It could be an 8 or a G or a B i suppose. The local dealer tried the possibilities and didn't come up with anything. They told me to try and look for a 92 hose because early 93 Rangers actually have 92 parts. I have tried, and all the auto parts places list the same number.

This is a table i found. http://www.fordinstallersupport.com/files/catalogs/ap42b.pdf This shows the KM - 2406 for both part numbers. The dealer did give me another number, but said it was discontinued... It's a Motorcraft KM - 2406. I'm assuming this is the one i need, but i don't know how to get one. Help!

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals