• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone familiar with vintage husky's?

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just got this thing for free from a friend. It ran years ago, the the rear hub blew up. He got another wheel but lost interest and let it sit in his garage for years. Then he gave it to me :D

its pretty rough, but i've seen these things (primarily cr250's) go for pretty serious money, even in crap condition like mine. (i got the title too!) as far as i know, it's from around 72-76 and is probably a 175 "SC" (semi-close ratio). all these damn bikes look the same, but im learning haha. CR's are the motocross models (close ratio, not dot approved), and WR's are the enduro models (wide ratio, lighting coils, dot approved).

i would imagine this things pretty rare because i see crappy 250's going for good money all the time, i rarely see 125's, and i dont think i've ever even seen a complete 175 of this era...

any thoughts guys?

oh wow, almost forgot the pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/103998821882250783384/Husky?authkey=Gv1sRgCM_qxbCRiPKA2AE&feat=directlink

Last edited:

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
actually, it *may* be a 74 cr125.

http://www.vintagemx.us/guestbook/images/125s/husqvarna125_4_website_l.jpg

i know the 125's had the amal carb like mine, and 250's were bing, but all along i had thought the 125's had a more "rounded" looking cylinder head. but apparently not in 74. plus, this bike has the crazy offset rear sprocket, which i've only ever seen on 125's. the tank color also seems to be a 125 only thing. all 250's ive seen are red tank. plus mine has aluminum triple clamps which seem to be a non 250 thing.

damn why do husky's have to be so confusing:dunno:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I have owned these bikes along with Pentons, KTMs as well as CZ and other of the Euro bikes. Let's see a pic of it, Bro!!!! I can tell you about it. Finding parts wil be hard...magnesium cases are brittle and not to happy getting patched back together....cranks are weak and the trannys cam come loose if you rev them a lot.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah im pretty sure this has the mag cases. in my first post at the bottom there's a link to a picasa album with a bunch of pics lemme know what you think.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no one huh? im hoping that means this thing is suuuuuuuuuuuuper rare hahahaha

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
I'm pretty good with Hodaka's. Huskys can't be much different. I'm gettin ready to build a race bike. I'm takin a ACE 100b+ frame puting a 175 swing arm on it, longer shocks, 125 super combat motor, and a huge carb. Here's my dirt squirt.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that things sick! i recently sold an ATK and someone wanted to trade a hodaka like that with me, but i was scared to death of trying to find parts for it haha (same reason why i was getting rid of the atk)

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
After I looked at the pics of the one that Mark Holloway owns and then looked at the one you were looking at I can say.....NO WAY. Don't get that one, Bro!!!! You are going to have some fun finding parts for that bike. That thing is a hunk of junk!!! You would be better off buying one that is already running and not perfect looking but just in good shape and enjoy riding it!!
I was a member of that website years ago and I sold a lot of my bikes there and in the Cycle News a monthly newspaper. You should try they newspaper and see what is up for grabs!!! I sold a few of my vintage road racers on that newspaper. I think it might be still around.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
are you talking about the one i got for free? it doesnt really need anything haha it runs fine. i figure if its worth any money id throw a new chain sprockets grips tires filter etc and repaint the frame and clean it up real good to sell.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Well, as you said Free, that is good. Just wait till you have to fix something!!!! lol

Here is my last three vintage bikes. I have had them since the late 70's. I have had vintage racers here in Florida offer me $17,000 for all of them and I won't sell them. They fire up on the first kick and run like a bat at of hell!!!!

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
those zuki's are sweet. reminds me of the TM-400R cyclone i would like to acquire one day. (only reason i want it is because pretty much everyone's scared to death of it, and it would look tits in my living room fully restored)

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ill take it if you dont want it....lol:D.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
those zuki's are sweet. reminds me of the TM-400R cyclone i would like to acquire one day. (only reason i want it is because pretty much everyone's scared to death of it, and it would look tits in my living room fully restored)

That TM400 of mine is the original 'Widow Maker'. It is a very low vin number......#5. 1971. I bought the bike in 1975. It was sitting in a guys garage in the Croom area of Florida (trail area) and he only rode it twice and put it up. He bought it new in 1973 at an auction at Daytona Speedweek. It was a deceased collectors auction with no reserve. None of the biker crowd wanted it and he was the high bidder at $1,000. He bought a taller bike the next year and never rode the TM again. He never new what he had. This back is very scary to ride unless you know how to ride with your weight forward. After you rode the beast for awhile you got off the bike hurting really bad!!! The power band is incredible!!! I took turns like there was no tomorrow. Other racers would watch me pass them and other riders ahead of them.......hit a 4-6 foot jump and put the bike on it's rear wheel and ride it out for about 30 yards and lean forward and bring it back down and hit the next turn and more jumps and whoops!!! People said I was 'The Devil on a Bike'!!! lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals