• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Armored RBV

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
THey use good spotlights too, they are called GO-lights and the americans turned them onto them. THey are awesome with wired or wireless remote and they are powered lights, just like our mirrors, up down left or right buttons. Rated at somewhere more than 1million candlepower. PIck out a hodgi in hte mud in a heartbeat. White or Black casings. THey just have to be mouted on the roof because if you mount htem on the hood like some people do you get massive glare on teh windshield even when facing away.
just put a pair of those on a boat,with the white casing.seem to work pretty good.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
just put a pair of those on a boat,with the white casing.seem to work pretty good.
How much did they set you back Tom? If you don't mind me asking.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How much did they set you back Tom? If you don't mind me asking.
i put them on a boat for a customer-he bought them.i'm not sure,but i think it was about $300 a pop.

buffster1980

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Volkswagen
Engine Size
1600cc
Transmission
Manual
looking at those rangers up close, the suspension is nowhere near as beefy as an american ranger, and they are not armored at all... doors feel flimsy as hell, although i really like the winch-mount bumpers on them... i'd love to get my hands on one and modify it to fit on my ranger. but i'd def. remove the side bars that run along the front quarter panel...

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
haha looks like bobtail armor, flightline dudes know wut im talking about too. and pull a burn notice armor job it works on smaller bullets.....not that i know.....haha

mileslee

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
haha looks like bobtail armor, flightline dudes know wut im talking about too.

lol for sure bcost, i got to spend a lot of time in one of these a while ago, they had the fit and finish of an early 90's Toyota and yes, i thought the growl from that lil diesel was pretty cool.

LOGANSTANFORTH

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I know I dug this up from out of the grave but I seen this and had to post about them...

The little white diesel Ranger's alot of soldiers got to drive in Iraq were pretty good trucks, I had one for about two or three weeks before I had to turn it over to be shipped to Afghaniland...I had maxed the fuel screw out on the injection pump and would run the piss out of that truck all over Al Asad when I was working there, I wasted ALOT of diesel fuel in a short amount of time...If any of you know Al Asad, I would drive up to the ridge then to the end of the valley and take it fourwheeling on the dirt roads near the main entrance to the camp, what sucked was that both my front CV shafts were about junk so all I had was 2wd but it still went pretty good...

A word of advice about those Go Lights, don't turn on 40 of them at once and put on a light show at Tallil Airbase/COB Adder with them at night, it looks awesome but apparently the chopper pilots and airfield do not like this for some reason, oh, and neither do the MP's...

woodyedmiston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Actually, the best term is casualty

But then I'm being mean

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
looking at those rangers up close, the suspension is nowhere near as beefy as an american ranger, and they are not armored at all... doors feel flimsy as hell, although i really like the winch-mount bumpers on them... i'd love to get my hands on one and modify it to fit on my ranger. but i'd def. remove the side bars that run along the front quarter panel...

I love the American Armored Rig in the background... Gave me the inspiration for SGT Ex

armyhooker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is the afghani police truck. I seen a lot of those when I was over there, definitely not armored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Those Rangers aren't anymore armored than the ones they used to sell here in the US LOL. They're great trucks though, got to drive one several years ago in Iraq used it for several months until they got us a Nissan Patrol instead, I liked the Ranger a lot better.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals