• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Asking for a Review of Code Checking

Cacher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, I have reviewed engine codes here, just wanting to make sure I am correct in my findings is all, and it sure seems everybody here has more than enough brainpower to assist with my check(s). This place rocks.

Ok, went and did a few tests with my Sunpro CP0915 scanner on the 1994 Ranger I-4.

Key On Engine Off testing gave me these blinks with the tone; (possibly 1-1-1 to equal the three, and not the 111 code for letting me know that no problems were found) 3-3-5, 3-3-5, 1, 2-2-4, 2-2-4.

A. I am quite sure the 224 is the DIS primary circuit failure in Coil #1, 2,3,or 4. I have replaced both coil packs, put on new wires, and new plugs a month ago. Why not it has 178K on it and I have changed plugs and wires a few times, but never the coil packs. Ufortunately as of this typing truck is still running in failure mode (998 according to the tester and manual), and idles at about 500rpm, although nothing has happened, and I have been driving it for a month like this since the above parts change, and all is ok.

B. Sunpro manual says 3-3-5 is the EGR Valve Position (EVP) sensor, or EGR Pressure Transducer (EPT)-signal voltage higher or lower than expected (Key On Engine Off Self-Test).
WHAT the heck is this stuff/thing and where is it?
I have a feeling that if I replace this my idle will return to normal, and all will be ok.

C. Thanks to all who take the time to read through this for me and offer any assistance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals