• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ATTN: Anyone without a working 1354E (push button 4wd)

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Mine has been acting up lately, so I tore the motor apart completely and found something not mentioned in the tech library. The plate with all the contacts that is attached to the gear has a stop-screw on it. This stop screw has a plastic sheath around it, and mine was shattered. This allows the motor to spin a hair farther than it is supposed to and the whole thing freezes up. Mine partially seizes when it gets there, and the contacts come out of position. I am trying to find a good substitute for the plastic bit that broke, maybe cut down a washer? No way to take pictures at the moment, but if you look in the tech library or have an exploded view you can see the part I am talking about. I'm glad it was something simple, and maybe someone else can fix their motor with this info instead of spending the $75-$100 for another one.

nooberiffic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Isn't the bushing around the stop screw what is usually broken on the shift motor?

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yes. This is what all the articles I've seen have discussed repairing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals